• June 03, 2024, 01:01:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: "Video motion detection" not working when recording to NAS!  (Read 3403 times)

larserikjensen

• Level 1 Member
"Video motion detection" not working when recording to NAS!
« on: January 17, 2015, 12:01:13 PM »

Hi,

I have a problem getting my cam to detect motion with "video detection" mode when recording to NAS/Server.

It works when I use PIR(Passive infrared) but it seems that this mode has weaknesses since the mode responds to infrared changes in the picture.

I.E whe a car arrives, that not contains any temperature changes in the picture, the motione detection does not respond.

I would really like to enable the "video motion detection" to get the full features of the surveillance technology.

Please help:-)

Regards

Lars Erik, Oslo, Norway :-)

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
Re: "Video motion detection" not working when recording to NAS!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 08:43:41 PM »

You say the issue is recording to the NAS, but are you sure it is even detecting motion to begin with?  Note that there are no settings for PIR -- you just turn it on or off.  With the video motion detection, you have to configure a few things.  Have you done that?

larserikjensen

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 07:18:01 AM »

Hi and thank you for the reply.

I have a Synology NAS and has managed to set up the server and all that. The camera detects motion both when PIR is enabled or not but only records the motion when PIR is selected as Trigger in event menu. If i choose video detection as trigger in Event the camera still detects motion but will not start to record.

As far as I know I configured the video detection with sensitivity 85% an percentage of 5%. Is there other settings to be configured?

I have also learned that PIR has a maximum range at about 20ft so that explains the reason for not detecting motion in the whole frame.

t

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 11:13:42 AM »

As far as I know I configured the video detection with sensitivity 85% an percentage of 5%. Is there other settings to be configured?

Have you also "drawn" the motion detection area on the preview image?  You'll need to configure that, too, for motion detection to have a chance of working properly.

I'm curious how you know it is detecting motion to begin with, but not recording it.  You might try a simpler test (without the NAS) to check the motion part specialty.  For example, have it email you a still image when it detects motion.  This may help verify that the motion detection part is working properly.  Maybe you have done something like that already and haven't mentioned it?