• June 03, 2020, 07:00:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Facebook guest network limits  (Read 2532 times)

servoper

• Level 1 Member
Facebook guest network limits
« on: October 31, 2014, 04:33:50 PM »

Hi,

I recently bought the DIR-865L solely for the facebook WiFi check in support. Got it all working fine but there are three obstacles regarding the scalability of the router's facebook linked guest network:

- Larger subnet mask, is there a way to change the subnet mask at the guest interface, from the 24-bit default?
- Larger DHCP scope, is there a way to extend the DHCP scope? Seems like it is only 100 addresses in the scope. Or can the guest DHCP server be disabled totally?
- Is it possible to dedicate one of the ethernet ports to the guestnetwork?

Yes, I know that 100 users is quite many for a single access point, but let that be another problem solved by another measures :)

Using the 1.04B22-facebook firmware.

All feedback is appreciated :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 04:57:15 PM by servoper »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Facebook guest network limits
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 01:15:23 PM »

Link>Welcome!

• What region are you located?

I believe the router has a fix and limited amount of resources that can't be adjusted for Guest Zone use.

I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. Ask for level 2 or higher support. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Facebook guest network limits
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 09:59:50 AM »

Any status on this?  ???

Hi,

I recently bought the DIR-865L solely for the facebook WiFi check in support. Got it all working fine but there are three obstacles regarding the scalability of the router's facebook linked guest network:

- Larger subnet mask, is there a way to change the subnet mask at the guest interface, from the 24-bit default?
- Larger DHCP scope, is there a way to extend the DHCP scope? Seems like it is only 100 addresses in the scope. Or can the guest DHCP server be disabled totally?
- Is it possible to dedicate one of the ethernet ports to the guestnetwork?

Yes, I know that 100 users is quite many for a single access point, but let that be another problem solved by another measures :)

Using the 1.04B22-facebook firmware.

All feedback is appreciated :)
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!