• June 03, 2024, 10:08:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Adding a torrent from URL?  (Read 16413 times)

littlesheepy

Adding a torrent from URL?
« on: September 03, 2014, 02:33:16 PM »

Hi there,
I'm new to the world of NAS and have just purchased a d-link 320, so please forgive me if I'm making an obvious mistake.
If I try to add a torrent to download on the NAS via a URL, it says successfully added but nothing adds to the list.
I've tested adding a torrent by browsing to a torrent file that's saved on my laptop already and that works ok, but most torrents I've tested don't always download a torrent file I can browse to now to work around downlink it in my NAS.
For example (apologies if this isn't allowed but I'm not sure of another way to show you what I mean) if I wanted to download this http://pirateproxy.be/torrent/10966054/Rocket_Raccoon_003_(2014)_(Digital)_(Zone-Empire).cbr
I would presume id copy that address into the URL box and it'd work, except it doesn't? Am I copying the wrong thing across, doing something silly or is it something that's not possible to do as simply as I'd expect?
Any help most appreciated, thanks.

littlesheepy

Re: Adding a torrent from URL?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 05:53:17 AM »

Anyone? :)

albert

• Level 5 Member
    • SoHo NAS Forum
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 02:19:28 AM »

IIRC, the built-in BT client do not support Magnet Link, adding via URL link will only work if it end with .torrent extension. For example: http://releases.ubuntu.com/12.04/ubuntu-12.04.5-desktop-i386.iso.torrent
D-Link DNS-320 rev A1 (FW: 2.05) [FFP-0.7]
PCI NAS-01G (FW: Encore ENNHD-1000 4.10)
PCI NAS-01G (FW: OpenNAS 1.9]

littlesheepy

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 09:05:35 AM »

Ahh, ok thank you :)
I've heard of magnet links and torrent links but wasn't sure if or what the difference was!

moe78z

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 06:04:24 PM »

The next best thing is to convert the magnet URL to get a torrent file, which you can then download and add into your DLINK sharecenter.

1. Copy the Magnet URL link by right-clicking on it and then choose "Copy link address" (Note: This instruction is for Chrome browser. You need to look for something similar for other browsers).
2. Go to http://magnet2torrent.com and paste the magnet url into the textbox and you can then download the torrent file.
3. Add the torrent file onto your ShareCenter and you can now download the torrent :D

littlesheepy

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 11:04:16 AM »

Fab, thank you. I'l give that a go, sounds good :)