• April 23, 2024, 02:17:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Remote viewing of recorded sessions  (Read 3936 times)

ronnyl

• Level 1 Member
Remote viewing of recorded sessions
« on: July 17, 2014, 04:50:55 AM »

Hi,

is it possible with a 942L to view remotely (not same LAN) recorded streams on the sd-card?
Even when the 942L is recording at that time?
Can I rewind during recording ?
With what kind of software can this be done? DVIEW, ISpy or even the DLink portal?

Thnx

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Remote viewing of recorded sessions
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 06:00:08 AM »

You can use port forwarding to enable remote access of your DCS-942L web UI from a computer outside of your LAN (i.e. via the open Internet).

Please refer to the thread titled "DCS Network Cameras - Using Port Forwarding to Access a Camera from the Internet" located on the following post: Network Cameras - Important Posts & Information
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 10:41:06 AM »

Rewind? This isn't a dvr.

The camera will probably lock up and need reboot if you download too many files. I am careful on my 2230 not to flood the server with commands. Slow and steady.

ronnyl

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 01:17:09 AM »

Yep sorry  :D not rewind, but viewing prior recorded movie files.
Is this always one big movie file, or can I  set intervals of for instance make 1 hour movie-files.
In this case, can I then watch a file recorded 2 hours ago while permanent recording is activated?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 05:03:23 AM »

Download the user manual for the 942 from the Internet.

The 2230 sd card is limited to 50 Meg files. Which is about 3 minutes in 720p hd at 30 fps. You can expected longer times with less fps.  I'm not sure about the 942.

belvedere

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 12:18:47 PM »

The DCS-942L is not size-limited but rather is time-limited to 6 minutes per file.

Access the recordings by pointing the browser to http://camera's ip address/ and then choosing Setup, followed by SD Management.

Hint: Change "Files per Page: 5" to 100 so you can see everything on one screen instead of flipping through pages and pages.

The file names are date-coded, so you need to know the time you're interested in.  There isn't a fancy timeline view or other GUI like you get with products like DropCam.