• June 04, 2024, 04:03:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Linksys PAP2T and DIR-655 problem in EVERY firmware version...  (Read 33926 times)

Demonized

• Level 4 Member
Re: Linksys PAP2T and DIR-655 problem in EVERY firmware version...
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 02:04:48 AM »

image removed

You're really sick  :'(. If this won't ban you I'll eat my hat.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 02:09:08 AM by Demonized »

Clancy

• Level 3 Member
  • I am not a number. I am a free man!
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 04:07:04 AM »

That image was not removed when I dropped in this morning. You are correct Demonized and unfortunately, such is the way of internet anonymity. Such a person would never dare attempt to do that in a crowded room but if he did, he'd have his cell phone in hand with a finger on his Dentist's speed dial number.
Thread derailment: So easy a caveman can do it.

PeterJvM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 04:40:08 AM »

If I look from Turkey the image is still there, this can get this website banned in Turkey and by a lot of providers worldwide.
The guy is really sick and I would really like to see this DEGENERATE banned for life.

Peter

DIR-655 ( H/W: A2 ) ( FW: 1.21b05beta )
DWA-140 ( H/W: B1 ) ( FW: 0.20 DRV: Ralink 2.3.7.0 )
DWA-140 ( H/W: B1 ) ( FW: 0.20 DRV: Ralink 2.3.7.0 )
Intel 3945ABG ( H/W: REV 02 ) ( FW: 11.5.0.32 )

Demonized

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 06:29:54 AM »

I removed the image from my quote. Repeating it would double his fun probably. Very sad person, I reported the post and specifically asked for an IP ban. A bit more effective hopefully.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 06:31:31 AM by Demonized »

Clancy

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 08:11:23 AM »

I removed the image from my quote. Repeating it would double his fun probably. Very sad person, I reported the post and specifically asked for an IP ban. A bit more effective hopefully.

I agree. An IP ban would be the only way because I think this person has been popping up recently under various nom-de-plumes and I have immediately reported those posts as well as this one . This is disturbing and goes far beyond the pale of civilized behavior. I was furious when I saw what this "person" had done. Angry not just at the act but also because it was a direct personal attack and no matter what anyone's opinion of another person might be, this behavior shall not pass.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 08:17:10 AM »

It's been done.

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 08:54:32 AM »

I am going to take the liberty of boiling your post down to a single sentence of value and I will discuss a couple of other interesting phrases of no real value afterwards.

I'd like you to tell me what you want me to do to prove to you that the DIR-655 is indeed causing the problem.  What proof, specifically, do you want?

You are absolutely right to tell me to put up or shut up.  Here is the issue, in a perfect world I would want the below.

Access to a device identacle to your VoIP device, I know you offered to loan us yours, but I don't think I can take you up on that offer.  Which means I need the next best thing, which is the below list.
  • A config file from your DIR.
  • A packet capture of half a dozen normal phone calls taken without the router in place.
  • A packet capture form the WAN side of the router showing half a dozen calls.  This capture should cover from the power up of the router, through the power up of the device, and finally the calls.
  • A packet capture from the VoIP device showing half a dozen calls.  This capture should cover from the power up of the router, through the power up of the device, and finally the calls.  These would ideally be the exact same calls as the above (router WAN) capture, and would come with an exact time difference listed so I can make use of the timestamps in both captures as representing the same time.

This would show pretty clearly if this router is dropping or mangling any traffic.  The rub is that this kind of difficult to get all this information, you would need a hub or switch capable of doing port mirroring (2 if you are going for the preferred form on the 2nd and 3rd captures).  It also requires a bit of experiance to set up this test environment.

Short of the above we are in dangerous waters, as we don't have any logged relevant dropped traffic and if I read correctly the call still goes through it just has a silent delay (which I might add is really weird).  Those together tell me the problem is either not a dropped packet that would be logged (I know of nothing that wouldn't be logged, but this isn't my product), or it is one that is dropped because of an issue such as NAT incompatability (have you tried any other routers?).  If NAT compatability is the issue you would not see a dropped packet because the dropped packet would be on your providers side.  That said that isn't my first thought because the call eventually goes through, maybe it is some sort of NAT failover on your providers side, there is no way for me to tell.

My cop out for the day is the fact that SIP was never designed to work in a NAT environment.

So the question becomes, could you provide the above list of requisites, or any significant portion thereof?

It was directed to one specific member in this forum who has no idea what he is talking about but HAS to comment in every thread.  I was hoping to nip it in the bud, without mentioning said user's name.  My apologies if I offended you.

No worries, I am much harder to offend than that, I am also attempting to stand between users with beef.  My biggest point was that opening with a salvo like that guarentees a response in kind.

omnipotent D-Link technical engineer

This however offends me, I am not omnipotent because I am a D-Link employee, I am just plain omnipotent!  The other D-Linkers, varying degrees of less so.

If only I was omnipresent I could solve this issue for you, but as is descussed above I can't predict the issue and this leaves me rather omnimpotent in that department.

*** modified by Fatman because he can't leave well enough alone and wants to play with bbcode formatting.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 08:56:35 AM by Fatman »
non progredi est regredi

Tsumeone

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 08:59:56 AM »

Short of the above we are in dangerous waters, as we don't have any logged relevant dropped traffic and if I read correctly the call still goes through it just has a silent delay (which I might add is really weird).  Those together tell me the problem is either not a dropped packet that would be logged (I know of nothing that wouldn't be logged, but this isn't my product), or it is one that is dropped because of an issue such as NAT incompatability (have you tried any other routers?).  If NAT compatability is the issue you would not see a dropped packet because the dropped packet would be on your providers side.  That said that isn't my first thought because the call eventually goes through, maybe it is some sort of NAT failover on your providers side, there is no way for me to tell.

I did work fine with my DI-624, between the router automagically rebooting itself anyway :)  I'll try to find mentioned port mirroring switch on craigslist, or ill try to get another eth card for my spare PCs and maybe find some open source platform I can throw on there to get the job done.  We'll see.  I'm thinking pfSense might be able to handle this?

Edit:  The call does go through, but only maybe 60% of the time.  Sometimes, it just never happens.  And rarely it will go through but I cannot hear the other party (they can hear me).

This however offends me, I am not omnipotent because I am a D-Link employee, I am just plain omnipotent!  The other D-Linkers, varying degrees of less so.

If only I was omnipresent I could solve this issue for you, but as is descussed above I can't predict the issue and this leaves me rather omnimpotent in that department.

You gave me a good lol ;D  Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 09:06:14 AM by Tsumeone »

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 09:06:27 AM »

I'll try to find mentioned port mirroring switch on craigslist

Look for the hub instead, if you can find one it will be hundreds cheaper.  You could also cheat by hooking the following up to a hub and taking a single capture for the last two captures, though it is a little less clean to troubleshoot with (I can make do).

• LAN of router
  • WAN of router
  • VoIP device
  • Modem
  • Capturing PC (in the uplink port if it is a 5 port model)

You gave me a good lol ;D  Thanks!

I am glad you approve, I was worried I was going to be called a blaspheming heretic and chased out with a broom.  My work here is done.
non progredi est regredi

Clancy

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 09:10:24 AM »

It's been done.

I tip my hat to you, Lycan.

Tsumeone

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 09:29:43 AM »

Look for the hub instead, if you can find one it will be hundreds cheaper.  You could also cheat by hooking the following up to a hub and taking a single capture for the last two captures, though it is a little less clean to troubleshoot with (I can make do).

• LAN of router
  • WAN of router
  • VoIP device
  • Modem
  • Capturing PC (in the uplink port if it is a 5 port model)

I am glad you approve, I was worried I was going to be called a blaspheming heretic and chased out with a broom.  My work here is done.

I could get two regular hubs for the last step and hook them up like 1 hub to modem, router [wan], and pc running wireshark, and another hub for router [lan], Linksys PAP2T, and another pc running wireshark.  Since the hub is a "dumb switch" that just blasts traffic to every port, the wireshark logs should be just what you need from this setup. Would this work?

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 09:31:38 AM »

Absolutely!
non progredi est regredi

Tsumeone

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2009, 10:02:07 AM »

Absolutely!

Sweet.  Gonna go hit up the local computer outlet soon as I can :)

Clancy

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2009, 10:29:16 AM »

I am glad you approve, I was worried I was going to be called a blaspheming heretic and chased out with a broom. 

Well Fatman, you are a blaspheming heretic. What's your point? I figured you'd be RIDING out on a broom. :-*
(And to think...., he has the power to nuke me on the spot.  :o)

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2009, 11:18:19 AM »

I have to thank you for not letting me down on my high expectations.  You are a true friend.
non progredi est regredi
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5