• June 03, 2024, 02:23:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Motion-triggered video: Records clips without motion in selected area  (Read 4984 times)

MacUser

• Level 3 Member

In the past two days I added a MicroSD card to one of these cameras pointed toward the street.  The field was set so that only motion on the front lawn would cause a video clip.

BUT it keeps recording for no apparent reason.  Does hundreds of clips every few hours. 

How does one solve this ?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member

In the past two days I added a MicroSD card to one of these cameras pointed toward the street.  The field was set so that only motion on the front lawn would cause a video clip.

BUT it keeps recording for no apparent reason.  Does hundreds of clips every few hours. 

How does one solve this ?

Which motion detection are you using? Please be more specific to the settings.

MacUser

• Level 3 Member

Which motion detection are you using? Please be more specific to the settings.

Sure.   mydlink.com---> sign in ---> choose 2132 ----> settings tab ---> click box for Motion Detection ---> choose the limited area making it pinkish tone (define detection area) ---->  next and save.

Simple.

There's a different access via the direct IP in a browser, but it's not obvious how to select the trigger zone.

Am I doing this wrong ?  Are there additional settings to reduce sensitivity ?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member

Thanks.

Well that excludes PIR that would be set off by movement on the inside reflected off the glass.

I use IE on a pc to directly set the zone. It's only available in IE. There's a sensitivity % you can enter.

MacUser

• Level 3 Member

Thanks.

Well that excludes PIR that would be set off by movement on the inside reflected off the glass.

I use IE on a pc to directly set the zone. It's only available in IE. There's a sensitivity % you can enter.

On my Macintosh using Safari it seems to set the zone by shading, but even though I turn off triggering, it still intermittently records clips.  Will try it with IE under Win7 and report back.  Thank you.