• July 14, 2020, 01:35:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Block a network computer from accesing the internet  (Read 3313 times)

costinruja

Block a network computer from accesing the internet
« on: April 10, 2014, 04:58:14 AM »

Good evening fellow forumers !

I own a DIR-865L router and i want to enable the ACCES CONTROL function from advanced settings tab.What setting should i use if i want to block ALL outgoing/ingoing traffic for a selected computer, but i would also want it to join my network and all the normal stuff, internally, without having acces to the outside world ?

Best regards,
Costin

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Block a network computer from accesing the internet
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 07:26:15 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under router.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

I'd set up a schedule so you can prescribe a time frame for blocking the desired device:
To set up scheduling:
1. Reserve device IP addresses ON the router under Setup/Networking.
2. Set up a schedule under Tools/Schedule on the routers web page. Customize your dates and times here.
3. Use Access Control under Advanced to apply the customized schedule to a policy and to the PC(s) desired to be controlled. 
4. Ensure Time is set correctly on the router. Tools/Time.

Then go in and use Advanced/Access Control too apply a new policy rule to the MAC address of the desired PC that you want to block access for and use Block All.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

costinruja

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 07:31:17 AM »

I've managed to do so, but what exactly block means ? Will it block completely the computer (MAC adress based) from connecting to the router (and to the other computers on the network) of just the internet ?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 07:35:07 AM »

It should only block access to the Internet, while allowing the connection to the router...
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

costinruja

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 07:42:44 AM »

This is what i need, perfect !

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Block a network computer from accesing the internet (RESOLVED)
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 07:45:46 AM »

It should work well. Enjoy.