• June 07, 2024, 03:34:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Motion detection problems  (Read 8340 times)

unimorpheus

• Level 1 Member
Motion detection problems
« on: April 05, 2014, 09:11:28 PM »

I have searched and read as many different post and articles that I can find but have not been able to resolve my motion detection problems. I have a DCS-5222L setup on a wired network in an unoccupied apartment. I have set the motion areas to cover the two doors only. I have PIR and motion set with email alerts for video and snapshots. Overall the network setup works fin as I am able to access and manage the camera from the opposite coast. The problem I am having is with false motion detects. Some days I get 80-100 false motion detect emails. I set this camera up to monitor my home while deployed but I has been nearly impossible to get the alerts set up correctly. All motion sensitivity settings are roughly 50%. Any suggestions?

Nsang

• Level 1 Member
Re: Motion detection problems
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 01:02:56 AM »

I installed 1xDCS-5222L and 2x DCS-6010L and have lots of problem setting up motion detection. I record to Dlink Sharecentre DNS-327L triggered by motion only, and have lots of unwanted recording with no motion. The biggest problem with 5222L is at night mode; the IR flickering of the screen trigger 'motion detection' no matter what setting I use. I've tried all settings (with and without RIR), sensitivity from 30% to 99%. I simply can't get it to recognize motion correctly. Day time is sort of working now. Very frustrating.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 07:16:59 AM »

By "IR Flickering" are you referring to the IR enabling/disabling when the camera transitions between Day Mode and Night Mode?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

alienoide

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 12:43:12 AM »

I have exactly the same issue above with a 5222L Hw Rev A2.
If I enable video motion, at night, with IR on, the quality is so bad and video so flickering that triggers continuously the motion detection, no matter which percentage I select. I have tried even 10 % but no luck. During the day the quality of the video is ok and everything is fine.
I ended up in activate only the PIR sensor which works fine but only detects if someone passes by in front of the camera and doesn't detect other area of the room more far away.
Hope that a better firmware will fix this because for the rest, I love the features of this camera.
It would be nice also if the sound and motion can be set together to trigger the detection and not separately as it is now.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 09:01:16 AM »

I have exactly the same issue above with a 5222L Hw Rev A2.
If I enable video motion, at night, with IR on, the quality is so bad and video so flickering that triggers continuously the motion detection, no matter which percentage I select. I have tried even 10 % but no luck. During the day the quality of the video is ok and everything is fine.
I ended up in activate only the PIR sensor which works fine but only detects if someone passes by in front of the camera and doesn't detect other area of the room more far away.
Hope that a better firmware will fix this because for the rest, I love the features of this camera.
It would be nice also if the sound and motion can be set together to trigger the detection and not separately as it is now.

What firmware version is currently installed on the DCS-5222L?

alienoide

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 09:09:08 AM »

Hi JavaLawyer!

the firmware version is the latest 1.12

What firmware version is currently installed on the DCS-5222L?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 09:30:30 AM »

Hi JavaLawyer!

the firmware version is the latest 1.12

Was this flickering present in earlier firmware versions? (i.e. have you tested earlier firmware?). I'm wondering if this is something relatively new as I have not encountered many threads pertaining to this issue in the recent past.

alienoide

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »

Was this flickering present in earlier firmware versions? (i.e. have you tested earlier firmware?). I'm wondering if this is something relatively new as I have not encountered many threads pertaining to this issue in the recent past.

I recently purchased the camera and immediately upgraded to 1.12 firmware therefore I don't know.

The issue happens only when is completely dark and IR on.

I can send a video of the room when is completely dark if necessary.

Thanks for your help btw.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 09:47:29 AM »

I don't have access to a DCS-5222L to test, but you can downgrade the firmware to version 1.11  for testing purposes and then re-apply 1.12. Legacy firmware is available here: http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/ (just make sure to download firmware files labeled as "ww", i.e. Worldwide).

Firmware v1.12 is relatively new and the release notes are still not published, so I'm not even sure what's changed in this latest firmware version.

alienoide

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 10:17:54 AM »

I don't have access to a DCS-5222L to test, but you can downgrade the firmware to version 1.11  for testing purposes and then re-apply 1.12. Legacy firmware is available here: http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/ (just make sure to download firmware files labeled as "ww", i.e. Worldwide).

Firmware v1.12 is relatively new and the release notes are still not published, so I'm not even sure what's changed in this latest firmware version.

My Hw rev is A2 but from that page you posted I only see A1 and A3...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 11:26:18 AM »

"A" firmware should work on all "A" revisions. If you look at the release notes, you'll see the firmware is applicable to A1~A3. Firmware is usually labeled with the latest hardware version# that was currently available at the time the firmware was published.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 11:32:27 AM by JavaLawyer »

alienoide

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 04:03:49 PM »

Installed 1.11 firmware as you suggested but nothing changed, same issue. I can only use the camera at night with PIR sensor otherwise it detects a motion every minute, seriously!

Don't know what to do anymore...

Anything else I can try?

Thanks

unimorpheus

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 04:20:59 PM »

I upgraded to firmware 1.12 and have noticed a considerable reduction in false motion detections. I still get the occasional day/night switch detection but this does not happen everyday as it did before. What I have noticed in ver 1.12 is DynDNS does not appear to be supported in favor of D-Link's proprietary dynamic DNS service. If this is the case this is a BIG problem for me. You can't change something like this mid stream without affecting a lot of people. I am going to research this further to see if my observations are correct.