• August 12, 2020, 05:56:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: hd streaming  (Read 2338 times)

jamos316

• Level 2 Member
hd streaming
« on: March 17, 2014, 04:57:21 AM »

i am a regular user of uk catchup streaming services (BBC iPlayer, ITV player, 4OD) I also watch stream SKY GO. Is there anything that I can do to either this router or maybe some computer tweaks to help for a smooth near HD stream?

i have read that dd-wrt can increase HD streaming performance.
is this true & does this router support it?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: hd streaming
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 05:35:14 PM »

If WRT doesn't list it on there site, then i presume it's not supported on this model...
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 07:15:13 AM »

Have you set up the router using the Wizard at 192.168.0.1 yet?

Then run through this:
Router Troubleshooting Suggestions and Tips
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 07:54:25 AM »

Log into the mydlink.com service on the web and remove the router from the account there...

I recommend that you do this with out the router being online. I caught a problem with removing a mydlink router from my account. It completely wiped my settings on the router so I had to reconfigure it...or re-load the saved config file.

If you do have the router already configured, i'd do a Save Configuration to File first, then remove it from the MDL services.

Let me know if it wipes the router and resets it.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 07:08:45 AM »

Any status on this?  ???

i am a regular user of uk catchup streaming services (BBC iPlayer, ITV player, 4OD) I also watch stream SKY GO. Is there anything that I can do to either this router or maybe some computer tweaks to help for a smooth near HD stream?

i have read that dd-wrt can increase HD streaming performance.
is this true & does this router support it?