• May 23, 2024, 02:26:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Sharecentre UI not working in new version of Chrome  (Read 6043 times)

Garawa

• Level 1 Member
Sharecentre UI not working in new version of Chrome
« on: February 06, 2014, 12:58:55 PM »

I have a DNS_320 (bizarrely moved to the network camera section according to the link in the sticky which is broken) but the point is probably relevant to similar devices.  Since the latest Chrome release I cannot get the web UI to work and have to solely rely on network shares.  This also means I was unable to alter backup settings or view any logs etc.  The programme displays but any option chosen reverts to no text at all on the Sharecentre UI background.  This version of Chrome also stopped Norton Internet Security's toolbar from working until a Live Update patch fixed it.  Both Chrome on XP and a Windows 7 laptop did the same.

Using my friends PC I tried it on Internet Explorer and it worked fine, I can't use IE as it uses too much system resources so the issue must be with Chrome.  I don't what the new version did but it has changed a lot and uses a lot more system resource too. :-(  As the dlink site states it works with Chrome versions over 20 there must be a few other users with this problem???  Not a disastrous one but one that may want looking at.  Sorry if this isn't the correct place for this, each one I looked at didn't look right so I plumped for this!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Sharecentre UI not working in new version of Chrome
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 01:02:40 PM »

Try Opera or FF? If IE 8, 9, 10 or 11, set compatibility mode and test again.
Disable any security browser Add-ons like No Script and Ad-Block or configure them to allow All Pages when connected to the router.
Clear all browser caches.
Be sure to log into the Admin account on the router.

Try turning off these features in Chrome:
Top right corner, little bars for options > Settings > Settings (on left) > Show advanced settings.
Uncheck these:
Use a web service to help resolve navigation errors
Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar
Predict network actions to improve page load performance
Enable phishing and malware protection

Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

Garawa

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 01:33:03 PM »

I am logged in as Admin. To be honest, I don't fancy installing a new browser just to access the UI and the beauty of Chrome is it's adaptability. I tried the options (settings, cache clearing etc) but this did nothing and I didn't do the Internet Explorer option as this was how I did manage to access it, just I would prefer not to on my machine as IE can use over 90% of processor.  Norton admitted the new version caused issues with it's software and had to issue a patch, I am guessing the same has happened here given it was fine before the update.  I can see all menu options but it is only when clicking an option do I just see the template and no text.

Norton were forced to re-write part of their software, I guess Google won't at their end so if it is a compatibility issue it has to be from dlink's end.  Anyone else using the latest version of Chrome (32.0.1700.107 m) and able to access it?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 01:40:32 PM »

If IE is using 90% of your CPU then there is something wrong with IE or something in the configuration of it. I've never seen IE use that much unless it's processing something or is hung up on something. Normal operation of IE or any browser should work well under that percentage.

Seems that Chrome may not be that beautiful in this adaptability if he Google can't keep it working on various devices.  ::)

This devices is Phased out:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=50152.0
So as it gets older and browsers graduate in development, I presume that support will wane at some point. You might keep a known working supporting browser installation program on hand and backed up for future use. This maybe the case where you might have to use an older browser to manage the DNS.  :-\

You might try Opera Next, it's bases on Chromes engine as a test and see if it works. I personally don't use Chrome as it's been known to causes problems not only with connections with devices, also cause devices to become bricked during FW updates.  >:(

Yes, 3rd party Security SW like AV, Firewalls and browser add-ons can impact how they connect to devices. I keep having to remember to disable ad-block on some of my devices.  ::)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 01:42:43 PM by FurryNutz »
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

Garawa

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 01:57:40 PM »

Thanks for the info. Never considered I might have a few for different reasons!  My PC is 8 year old and IE just gradually got slower and slower, even ads didn't play properly stuttering like mad.  I cancelled all processes, ran it as lean as I could but some sites drove the processor sky high.  I had already given up on Firefox (awful) and accidentily ended up with Chrome after an update of something.  Tried it and never looked back.  Super fast and like new.  Tried IE again and it took over two minutes to load and I spent far too long watching a blue circle go round.  It is significantly slower than Chrome on the brand new laptop I was able to use it on.  Technology!

Thanks for the advice again.  I will be upgrading the PC soon anyway so hopefully not an issue for long. The NAS probably will refuse to deal with it then!!!!!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 02:05:56 PM »

Ok, I have a old PC as well, even has windows 7 on it and IE 11 is working well for me. Possible PC HW issue, virtual memory configuration or something. IE shouldn't take 2 minutes to load. Should be instant or there abouts.  ;)

Good Luck.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 02:35:35 PM »

I have a DNS_320 (bizarrely moved to the network camera section according to the link in the sticky which is broken) but the point is probably relevant to similar devices.  Since the latest Chrome release I cannot get the web UI to work and have to solely rely on network shares.  This also means I was unable to alter backup settings or view any logs etc.  The programme displays but any option chosen reverts to no text at all on the Sharecentre UI background.  This version of Chrome also stopped Norton Internet Security's toolbar from working until a Live Update patch fixed it.  Both Chrome on XP and a Windows 7 laptop did the same.

Using my friends PC I tried it on Internet Explorer and it worked fine, I can't use IE as it uses too much system resources so the issue must be with Chrome.  I don't what the new version did but it has changed a lot and uses a lot more system resource too. :-(  As the dlink site states it works with Chrome versions over 20 there must be a few other users with this problem???  Not a disastrous one but one that may want looking at.  Sorry if this isn't the correct place for this, each one I looked at didn't look right so I plumped for this!

What ShareCenter model do you own?  DNS-320 or DNS-320L
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC