• June 03, 2024, 03:02:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 'Cloud camera not found' message in Setup Wizard on Mac OS X 10.6.8  (Read 12829 times)

Nikitos

• Level 1 Member

Tried to set up 2 cameras: DCS-2332L and DCS-2132L - with MyDLink today and failed: both of them cannot be found by Setup Wizard, 'Cloud camera not found' message is displayed (I'm using Russian version, so the message may not be exactly the same). Both cameras can be easily accessed using Web interface. Tried to use Setup Wizard on wireless connection with password-protected network which I configured manually on the cameras using Web interface. Also tried to use Setup Wizard being connected to the cams using direct Ethernet link from camera to Mac. The cam software and Setup Wizard are the current ones downloaded today from dlink.com.
Please advise!!
Thank you in advance.

NOTE: Packet dump available on request.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 01:23:55 AM by Nikitos »

Nikitos

• Level 1 Member
Re: 'Cloud camera not found' message in Setup Wizard on Mac OS X 10.6.8
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 06:15:34 AM »

ADDITION:
I've downloaded Setup Wizard for DCS-930L and ran it on the wireless network with 3 (!!!) such cameras installed and running with MyDLink service - and Setup Wizard didn't see those cams! I used WireShark to check whether the cams reply - they do.

What WireShark shows:
- Setup Wizard broadcasts messages to UDP port 5978,
- The cams respond with broadcast UDP messages to the same 5978 port.

Setup Wizard displays 'Cloud camera not found' message.

So, I tested 3 camera models, both running and new ones, on 3 different networks - 1 wired and 2 wireless - with the same results. Looks like is is neither the problem of the cams nor of the networks, and the problem is the Mac OS of the Setup Wizard.

Any suggestions? Or useful contacts? Looks like little Mac users engage with D-Link cams :)

Thank you in advance.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 09:56:16 AM »

Quote from: Nikitos link=topic=56804.msg221371#msg221371

Any suggestions? Or useful contacts? Looks like little Mac users engage with D-Link cams :)

Thank you in advance.

Which router? Is upnp enabled? Is the router port forwarding correctly? 

Login to the router and check that out.

Is your isp blocking certain ports?

Nikitos

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 10:24:36 AM »

- "Which router? Is upnp enabled?"
I tried 2 wireless routers:
1. ZyXEL Keenetic 4G with UPnP enabled,
2. huawei 821ft with UPnP disabled.

- "Is the router port forwarding correctly?"
Please clarify what you mean. If you are asking whether Internet is available and the locally connected hosts can communicate with each other - then yes, it is forwarding correctly. WireShark shows on both routers that the cams exchange SSDP packets as well as reply to Setup Wizard. Moreover, the 3 DCS-930L cams were configured using the ZyXEL router using Setup Wizard on Windows laptop. Unfortunately, I have only Mac at hand.

- "Is your isp blocking certain ports?"
Maybe. But this did not prevent my friend to configure 3 DCS-930L cams on the same router using the same provider a couple of months before.

As I told earlier, I'm familiar with packet sniffing and can provide packet dumps of whatever you find useful to resolve the issue.

Thank you in advance.

Nikitos

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 02:56:57 AM »

No more comments, guys? :)

My achievements: I succeeded attaching the cameras to MyDLink using Setup Wizard for Windows.

Any suggestions on Mac Setup?

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 11:54:00 AM »

Any suggestions on Mac Setup?

I'm a bit confused why you are using the setup wizard when you've said the Web interface is available.  It sounds like you know what you are doing, and you can completely configure your camera via the Web interface, so can you not just use that?

Nikitos

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 02:14:35 AM »

I am using Setup Wizard to link the camera to MyDLink account, as I could not find this functionality in Web interface.

Please advise whether linking camera to MyDLink account if possible using Web interface.

Thank you!