• April 19, 2024, 05:58:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Share Folder For Network Scanner On DNS-345  (Read 8324 times)

miladsa

• Level 1 Member
Share Folder For Network Scanner On DNS-345
« on: July 17, 2013, 12:30:43 AM »

Hello

I have Problem.
i bought on D-link 345 nas and i want to create share folder like "ScanShare" on nas for my network scanner that scanner automatically save scan on this folder.

I created that folder and share it and created one user with read-write permission on this folder but when scanner start scan, prompt for username and password that i entered on profile before!

what am i doing ?

now scanner work correctly with windows server 2003 as fileserver using CIFS Protocol and port 139

Please help me if choose another protocol and port to work scanner with dns-345

thank you

ivan

• Level 8 Member
Re: Share Folder For Network Scanner On DNS-345
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 03:54:06 PM »

If you have created a user specific to the scanner and set it to use CIFS and are getting a prompt for user/password then you need to look at the scanner network settings and set the user/password there.

The fact it works with windows server just means that you did not set a user/password there.

We have two pieces of equipment - not scanners - that that transfer their data direct to our DNS-345 by sending the login information first.

If your scanner is a true network scanner and not a multi function printer/scanner connected to the network, it should be able to be configured to operate with several devices selected from the control panel and should allow setting of login information for each device.

miladsa

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 09:06:26 PM »

If you have created a user specific to the scanner and set it to use CIFS and are getting a prompt for user/password then you need to look at the scanner network settings and set the user/password there.

The fact it works with windows server just means that you did not set a user/password there.

We have two pieces of equipment - not scanners - that that transfer their data direct to our DNS-345 by sending the login information first.

If your scanner is a true network scanner and not a multi function printer/scanner connected to the network, it should be able to be configured to operate with several devices selected from the control panel and should allow setting of login information for each device.

Thanks for your reply

I Ser user password in scanner control panel but again ask for user password while scanning ! :(

ivan

• Level 8 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 04:48:54 AM »

That sounds more like a scanner problem with the scanner not responding to the user/password challenge from the DNS-345 and then asking for you to give it again.

What scanner are you using?  I ask because we had a client with a similar problem that caused my programmer to start muttering about stupid manufactures.  She solved the problem by writing a few scripts that forced the scanner to reply after the challenge not before as it was doing by default.  Since then there have been no more problems and we have a happy client.

miladsa

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 10:55:29 PM »

That sounds more like a scanner problem with the scanner not responding to the user/password challenge from the DNS-345 and then asking for you to give it again.

What scanner are you using?  I ask because we had a client with a similar problem that caused my programmer to start muttering about stupid manufactures.  She solved the problem by writing a few scripts that forced the scanner to reply after the challenge not before as it was doing by default.  Since then there have been no more problems and we have a happy client.

scanner Model: Avision @V5100

ivan

• Level 8 Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 02:13:13 AM »

That looks to be a nice scanner, the one our client has is a Fuji Xerox DocuScan C4250.

I got my service manager to get the manual for your scanner and it appears that it should work as you want but...

Since your scanner is very windows orientated and the DNS-345 uses a linux based OS there may be an conflict between the CIFS implementations of the units that is causing the problem.

One thing you could try is using FTP to communicate between scanner and nas - at least that is an international standard.  It does require you to setup the ftp server on the nas and creating a profile to use it on the scanner.

To make life easier it is a good idea the give the DNS-345 a fixed IP address.

If it works with FTP and does what you want and there are no other problems created on the network by having the FTP server available then, if you were our client, I would say the problem is solved.  If, on the other hand, running the ftp server is a problem then we need to find out what the problem is between the CIFS implementations and try and fix that - not an easy job not having the scanner to work with.

miladsa

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 11:44:51 PM »

That looks to be a nice scanner, the one our client has is a Fuji Xerox DocuScan C4250.

I got my service manager to get the manual for your scanner and it appears that it should work as you want but...

Since your scanner is very windows orientated and the DNS-345 uses a linux based OS there may be an conflict between the CIFS implementations of the units that is causing the problem.

One thing you could try is using FTP to communicate between scanner and nas - at least that is an international standard.  It does require you to setup the ftp server on the nas and creating a profile to use it on the scanner.

To make life easier it is a good idea the give the DNS-345 a fixed IP address.

If it works with FTP and does what you want and there are no other problems created on the network by having the FTP server available then, if you were our client, I would say the problem is solved.  If, on the other hand, running the ftp server is a problem then we need to find out what the problem is between the CIFS implementations and try and fix that - not an easy job not having the scanner to work with.

Thank you for you answer

i share a folder and enabled ftp on it and permission set to all account and read /write but no success

again with specific user but no Success :(

the scanner error: can not connect to ftp server error code 41000

miladsa

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 03:34:13 AM »

Anybody have a solution for this problem?