• October 25, 2020, 04:10:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSL-2870B New firmware unstealths ports 0 and 1  (Read 3565 times)

psiboy

• Level 1 Member
DSL-2870B New firmware unstealths ports 0 and 1
« on: July 05, 2013, 08:00:10 PM »

???  :o  I recently upgraded the firmware on my DSL-2870B to Version 2 as D-Link claimed better wireless and they were right it is much better range and signal :) However now when I go to GRC.COM and run the shields up test ports 0 and 1 are no longer stealthed but merely closed.  The menu option to "ignore all pings" checkbox is also gone. Rather disapointed there D-Link. I have had it escalated to a LVL 3 tech who has escalated it to  R&D! Wouldn't you just have a basic block of code that you wouldn't mess with and build features on top of rather than remove the basics! Waiting for another Firmware update that hopefully lets me re-stealth ALL my ports..
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 08:02:17 PM by psiboy »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: DSL-2870B New firmware unstealths ports 0 and 1
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 11:27:55 AM »

Hope they will fix it if it needs it. Keep us posted on how it goes with support.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

psiboy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 04:41:27 AM »

Thanks FurryNutz,

I will keep you posted if and when I get a response from R&D.

Cheers!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 07:13:37 AM »

;)
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!