• June 03, 2024, 04:44:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 2332L finds no wireless networks  (Read 6934 times)

chamberc

• Level 1 Member
2332L finds no wireless networks
« on: June 19, 2013, 06:40:22 PM »

I recently purchased 3 2332l's.  2 are working fine, the 3rd does not detect any available wireless networks.  I've reset the camera to defaults, upgraded the firmware to 1.01 and have tried setting it up both via the wizard and directly from within the web GUI (when connected via Ethernet cable).

Any other suggestions?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 07:05:27 AM by chamberc »

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: 2332L finds no wireless networks
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 09:33:18 AM »

I recently purchased 3 2332l's.  2 are working fine, the 3rd does not detect any available wireless networks.  I've reset the camera to defaults, upgraded the firmware to 1.01 and have tried setting it up both via the wizard and directly from within the web GUI (when connected via Ethernet cable).

Any other suggestions?

You can try saving a "Configuration File" from one of the cameras that does work and upload it to the camera that doesn't.  This method will ensure the settings are identical on both cameras. Before generating/uploading the configuration file, make sure the firmware version on the source and destination cameras is the same.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

chamberc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 06:16:48 PM »

Thank you for the suggestion.

I tried it tonight, setting to defaults, and then loading the settings from one of the working cameras.  Unfortunately, it didn't work.  The camera works wired, but appears to have no ability for wireless connectivity.

It appears to be a hardware failure.

How can I contact D-Link for replacement, since it's brand new?  Thank you.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 01:01:15 AM »

For United States support, the best way to contact D-Link is via phone.
D-Link Technical Support: 1-888-851-6464

If there is an actual hardware failure, D-Link should have no trouble issuing you an RMA for a replacement device.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

GaryNY

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 05:15:36 PM »

Mine initially wouldn't connect wirelessly either. After trying the WPS button repeatedly, and connecting via cable and trying to set up the wireless manually through the setup menu and still having no luck, and being ready to give up, I finally got a connection. This happened after I tried moving the camera closer to my router, reconnecting power in the process.  I think powering down and restarting may have helped, after trying every possible combination of settings in the wireless setup page.  Even after this, it was initially not always connecting if I powered off and back on again. But more recently, it seems to connect reliably.  I'm not sure exactly what order of steps (manual entries in the wireless setup menu, pushing the WPS button, and powering on/off) helped, but mine that initially appeared to have non-functioning wireless finally came to life.

GaryNY

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 09:49:20 PM »

Mine has connected and stayed online for days at a time, but a few times the wireless link has gone offline, and not come back until I powered it off and on (the camera is still alive though, it continues recording to the SD card even though the wireless link is disconnected).  When it's working, the wireless setup page shows a signal strength of 70 or so.  It seems like the camera sometimes has difficulty making a connection even when a strong signal is present.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 10:26:38 PM by GaryNY »

chamberc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 05:10:00 PM »

Called Dlink and they said it was a hardware failure.  Had me return it to Amazon with it being less than 30 days old, and I'm waiting on the replacement.