• October 21, 2020, 09:15:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Problem Obtain IPv6 using Mobile Devices (iPhone, iPad, some android)  (Read 5897 times)

andersonlich

• Level 1 Member

Dear all,

i have dlink dir-636L, hardware revision:A1, and firmware version: 1.04. connect to internet:
ipv4 = pppoe
ipv6 = pppoe, and lan using dhcpv6-pd.

when my mobile devices connect to this router the ipv6 can't be obtain, i have tried using, iphone, ipad and some android devices, my mobile devices can't get ipv6 addresses.

but if i connected to this router using pc/notebook/mac. my notebook/pc/mac got ipv6 addresses.

so i have compare the dlink 636l to another brand router wireless (linksys-e1500), my mobile devices can have ipv6 address.

please help..

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting

Link>Welcome!

What region are you located?

I recommend that you phone contact your regional local D-Link support office and ask if the DIR series routers provide IPv6 for for mobile devices. I presume it should. If the non mobile device are then maybe there is a configuration that needs to be set up for the mobile devices.

Keep us posted on what they say.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

andersonlich

• Level 1 Member

my region is asia pacific - Indonesia.

let me ask them first.

thank you.
Link>Welcome!

What region are you located?

I recommend that you phone contact your regional local D-Link support office and ask if the DIR series routers provide IPv6 for for mobile devices. I presume it should. If the non mobile device are then maybe there is a configuration that needs to be set up for the mobile devices.

Keep us posted on what they say.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting

This site is reporting v1.02 for your region:
https://sg.mydlink.com/support#

Where did you get v1.04 from?
Make sure you are using the correct FW version for your region. Not all FW version are cross regional.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

andersonlich

• Level 1 Member

i have fix that version. and i report to them. and they have release new version for sg area.

===========================================================================================================================================
Date:2013-06-20
Firmware Version:v1.04B07beta03
Kernel: Linux version 2.6.36
Source version: 341
Check Sum: 0xF387C870

Note
fix D-Track-HQ20130530000016-DIR-636LA1_v1.02-IPv6 LAN does not working in iPhone ipad or android phone issue

fix bugs:
Pre-test

TSD

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting

Glad you are getting information and a fix. Thank you for posting and sharing the info.