• June 15, 2024, 09:43:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Firmware flash issues?  (Read 4349 times)

gbaughma

• Level 1 Member
Firmware flash issues?
« on: May 05, 2009, 12:00:46 PM »

I have 2 (!!!) DIR-330's that are both in Firmware Recovery Mode.
I have attempted to browse to the 1.12 firmware, the 1.10 firmware, and even the 1.20 beta firmware.  *sometimes* the LAN light flashes like it's receiving the file, then it just locks up.

I have tried the flash utility (that came with the 1.20 beta firmware)... it shows that it's communicating and uploading the firmware, then says to wait for xxx seconds to reboot... then nothing again.

It's like it's receiving the information, but not writing it to the flash.  Like I said, I have two units with exactly the same issue.

Is there something else I can try?  I've called Tech Support and opened an online ticket.  All I get from the online support/e-mail support is screen shots of how to upgrade a WORKING router.  After about 2 hours on the phone with their support, the guy gave up.

I *LOVE* these routers... I have had one running at home for a year with never a hiccup.  Now, 2 of them are just being weird.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

kato

• Level 1 Member
Re: Firmware flash issues?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 11:54:52 PM »

I'm having this issue too, I can select a file and attempt to reflash 1.10 or 1.12 but nothing comes of it.  Anyone have a solution?

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
Re: Firmware flash issues?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 08:16:22 AM »

well, call um in and we will either get them uploaded or we will get you replacements (assuming you are in warranty and in the US).
non progredi est regredi