• June 15, 2024, 10:51:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: local backup failed, DNS-320  (Read 5871 times)

pho0711

• Level 1 Member
local backup failed, DNS-320
« on: January 02, 2013, 04:44:57 AM »

Hi everybody,
I am a newbie at DNS-320. I set up internal backup from Volume_1/Download to Volume_2/Download/ with incremental backup flag set on and a daily repeat at 1am, just following standard instructions from the Dlink manual and this forum's FAQs. However, this backup setting never worked, with "failed xx/xx/xxxx xx:xx" all the time, and i could not find out more information from the logs either. With a few attempts at troubleshooting in the dark, by changing the incremental flag: it seems that with an empty folder it would copy all contents the first time, but incrementally, when both folders are almost the same, it fails. How can i troubleshoot this? Does DNS-320 not deal well with incremental local backup?

Thanks for any advice!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: local backup failed, DNS-320
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 05:03:44 AM »

Whenever I setup a new backup job, I test the configuration using a sample directory to understand the job behavior and also validate that the proper paths are identified.

As a test, try creating a test directory on Volume_1 (Volume_1/Test) with a small number of test files (e.g. 5 files). Next, run the incremental backup. Finally, add another file to the source directory and run the incremental backup a second time. You may also want to try modifying one of the existing files and deleting one of the files in both the source and destination directories to test all possible scenarios.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 05:05:26 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

babou

• Level 1 Member
Re: local backup failed, DNS-320
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 07:27:23 AM »

Hi everybody,
I am a newbie at DNS-320. I set up internal backup from Volume_1/Download to Volume_2/Download/ with incremental backup flag set on and a daily repeat at 1am, just following standard instructions from the Dlink manual and this forum's FAQs. However, this backup setting never worked, with "failed xx/xx/xxxx xx:xx" all the time, and i could not find out more information from the logs either. With a few attempts at troubleshooting in the dark, by changing the incremental flag: it seems that with an empty folder it would copy all contents the first time, but incrementally, when both folders are almost the same, it fails. How can i troubleshoot this? Does DNS-320 not deal well with incremental local backup?

Thanks for any advice!

You should have select file instead folder as type