• June 04, 2024, 03:07:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 2 LAN Backup Questions  (Read 2081 times)

HomeCloud

• Level 1 Member
2 LAN Backup Questions
« on: November 03, 2012, 01:38:48 PM »

Dear Community - I have two questions concerning the setup of the DNS325 Backup Application.

First question: Does anyone know if there's a way to configure the NAS to email me when a scheduled backup fails?

Background: I have two DNS325 NAS and use one to backup the other over scheduled LAN backup (both have a static IP on my network).  I had some event a month or so back that caused the scheduled backup to fail (at this point I don't know why). I have rebooted both NAS and it appears to have remedied the issue.

In the System Management - Notifications section there doesn't appear to be a notification event for failed backup. Am I missing something? It would seem that is an important event one would want notification of. BTW - I'm using firmware 1.01.

Second question: I also scheduled a LAN backup of a windowsXP machine to my NAS where the path 'test' succeeds, the backup partially completes (though the speed is highly varied) but it never finishes and"'fails'to complete. Any suggestions?