• June 04, 2024, 11:45:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Issues With DCS-1110  (Read 9871 times)

estauss

• Level 1 Member
Issues With DCS-1110
« on: April 15, 2009, 02:08:57 PM »

Hello all,

I have purchased 12 DCS-1110 cameras and have been having issues with them. I have tried contacting DLink support but...well...its DLink support. My emails have gone unanswered and the customer support reps on the phone never know anything about the product even denying features of the product exists even when I am staring at that feature  ???

Issue #1.
While trying to set the time on the cameras using the web interface it appears that the time will change and than after an hour or so the time if off by an hour. Here are the steps I use when setting the time:
Set the NTP server to ntp1.dlink.com
Time Zone to (GMT -6) Central Time(US & Canada)
Daylight Saving Time to USA
It changes to the correct time and everything seems fine. A short while later after logging back into the web interface the time is an hour behind and when I go to the settings for time the Daylight Saving Time option is at none. This seems to happen to all the cameras. I have also tried setting the time to the local computer but that also after a short time will have the time set back an hour.

Issue #2.
I have each of these cameras recording to a DNS-323. Each camera has its own folder on the NAS. There will be times the camera will just stop recording altogether or for a few hours at a time. This has not happened on all of the cameras but most of them.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Eric

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Issues With DCS-1110
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 09:50:47 AM »

1) So the daylight savings functions seems to not be staying set when you leave the camera for a day or so?

2) Do you have all 12 cameras running and recording at the same time recording to the NAS? Do the cameras that stop recording have this issue if running solo? What recording method are you using D-ViewCam2.03? 
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

estauss

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 01:05:51 PM »

1) Yes that is correct. Yesterday or the day before I went into each camera and set the time server to ntp1.dlink.com, timezone to central and daylight savings time to USA and now today everything has stayed the same except the daylight savings time. See below. Each camera has done this.

(The correct time when this screenshot was taken was 14:19:04

I have this same settings in my DNS-323 and everything works fine

I have tried syncing the time on the camera with the local computer but it does the same thing.
I have not tried manually setting the date and time and I can try that, I would just like it to be the exact same time as the DNS-323 as that's where it is being recorded too.

2)At the moment I only have 11 of the cameras up and running. But they are all running and recording at the same time to the NAS. In my NAS I have 2 1.5TB drives in standard format. So have of the cameras record to Volume1(Drive1) and the other half record to Volume2(Drive2). On each Volume I have one folder 'Cameras' With in that folder I have a folder for each camera 'Folder1' 'Folder2' etc...I just have the recording setup through the web interface (See below) I do not really use D-ViewCam2.03 because from what I understand you have to have it running at all times in order to record and it only records to the local computer, it will not record to the NAS. The reason I do not use D-View is because we have a small office with a limited amount of space and a laptop as our only computer so when it is not being used it is off and packed away.Please let me know if I am wrong in my understanding and I will try recording through the software.

Some of the cameras have the same recording schedule shown above and some always record. Regardless of the schedule they have stopped recording for periods of time.

Another issue. I would like to keep about a months worth of footage stored for each camera before removing the older files. From what I understand Shared Folder Mode will allow me to do this. I have set it up before by accident (Recording File Number) and it would only keep 24 files and remove the oldest one when the new one is recorded. Well there is more than 24 hours in a month so I tried to change that number to say 300 so it records 300 hours of footage and than removes the older files. Well after I change the number and hit apply I get a weird error message 'The recording file number must be smaller than 10 greater than 48" ??? what kind of message is that? Why not just say 'The recording file number must be smaller than 58'? isn't that the same thing? Anyway is there anyway to increase this number or am I stuck manually deleting the older files?

Thanks ECF. Do you know if there are any firmware updates coming for the camera?

Thanks again

estauss

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 12:17:02 PM »

ECF,

were you able to figure anything out with this information or do you need more?

Thanks again.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 05:04:30 PM »

I have been trying to locate a camera to test this on for the daylight saving issue. unfortunately I haven't used mine in a while and loaned it out the day before your post and have not gotten it back.

The cameras that are having an issue recording do they have this problem if they are being used alone on the network or does it only happen with the other camera present on the network as well.

The message "must be smaller than 10 greater than 48" is just bad English it should be fixed. It must be between 10 and 48.

estauss

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 02:08:18 PM »

Thanks for the reply ECF

As far as the time issue. For the time being I set the time zone to Eastern as that is an hour ahead and it is what the cameras were off by. And I left the Daylight savings set to None. So far it appears to keep the correct time, I made the change this morning. However I would still like to have be the Central timezone and enable DST so that I don't have to change it manually on every camera.

The cameras appear to have not had any problems where the stop recording. Other than where one camera froze completely and I had to reboot it. I can try hook up one of the cameras to my laptop with a crossover and just have it record for awhile and see what happens. I am not sure if it is a problem with power outages, or the switch, or something else. I am using a DES-1228P and using ethernet to power the cameras. I do however have this switch plugged into a UPS so it shouldn't be a problem with outages. If there has been any they haven't been long enough to drain the UPS battery.

As for the shared folder mode I will just have to make a script or something cause I don't want to have to manually delete the files.

I see D-Link discontinued this product (just my luck, I purchase 12 of them and 4 months later they are discontinued :( ) Do you know if they plan on still doing any firmware updates for this product or is it just going to disappear? Also do you know if they are planning on coming out with another camera similar to this? Or something in this price range?

Thanks again

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 10:03:35 AM »

I am sorry but I do not know of any plans for future firmware for this camera model currently.

This seems to be the only PoE Camera at this price point for a basic camera. 

estauss

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 09:22:01 AM »

Hi ECF,

Thanks for the reply. It would be nice if they game up with a firmware upgrade as there seem to be a few issues with this cameras. But with them being discontinued I am sure nothing well ever happen with these.

It would also be nice if they game out with another PoE camera in this price range.

As far as my time zone issue, Since I have change the time zone to Eastern and disabled the Day Light Savings time the cameras have stayed at the correct time (Well somewhat correct as I am actually in Central Time Zone) However I would still like to be able to use the DST so that I don't have have to manually change every camera. Please let me know if you find anything out about this.

Also, for recording you mentioned the dview software. Is it possible to use this and record it to a NAS (The DNS-323) or can I only do that through the web? Also if I can record it to the NAS does the computer and software have to be running at all times?

Thanks

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 02:37:31 PM »

Yes D-ViewCam2 can be used and record to a NAS however the PC running D-ViewCam will have to be on at all times.

agidi

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 12:47:05 PM »

Estatuss

Just a wild idea... I'm not sure about that particular model, but on mine, if the DNS and gateway are not set correctly, the time and Dyndns settings will fail with a reboot.

hope that helps
A.Gidi