• May 04, 2024, 07:19:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: New DNS-325 user  (Read 4014 times)

Alanr

• Level 1 Member
New DNS-325 user
« on: August 07, 2012, 05:56:56 AM »

Hi, I have just ordered a new DNS-325 to replace my ageing Sheevaplug. I am also going to pick up a pair of Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB disks later to put in it in a RAID 1 configuration.

I intend to run Squeeze Center & Twonky Server V7 on it. My Squeezeboxes at home are running 7.5.1 (not sure what version ships with the 325?).

Any handy hints would be gratefully received.

Thanks,
Alan

Earle1944

• Level 1 Member
Re: New DNS-325 user
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 03:01:34 AM »

Hi Alanr. I've recently ordered and received a new DNS-325. I'll mention that this is all new to me. I had the same problems that everyone else was having installing the Squeeze Center add-on that was on the CD that came with the NAS. I read one of the other posts and saw the same message to go to the LogiTech site and download a file because the add-on install had failed. I clicked on the link that was displayed and it downloaded a file to my computer. I used Windows Explorer to copy the file onto the Volume_1 folder on the DNS-325 drive. I then tried to install the add-on again from the Applications window and this time the Squeeze Center add-on installed without any problems. I have firmware version 1.01 on the DNS-325 and installed the Squeeze Center version 1.00 that was in the add-on folder on the CD that came with the NAS. I haven't run the Squeeze Center, but I wanted to be sure I could get everything working that came with the NAS. I'm thinking about getting another DNS-325 for one of my sons. I hope this helps you and the other people that are having problems. The original software that ships with the NAS all works.

Earle1944

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 10:20:55 PM »

Hi Alanr. I didn't mention that the Squeeze Center version that installed with firmware 1.01 was 7.3.2. After I moved up to firmware 1.02, and installed the Squeeze Center add on for firmware 1.02, the Squeeze Center version was 7.5.4. After I moved up to firmware 1.03, and installed the Squeeze Center add on for firmware 1.03, the Squeeze Center version was 7.6.1. Hope this helps.

Alanr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 05:45:47 AM »

Hi, Sorry for the late reply. Yep I can confirm that I am now running Squeeze Center 7.6.1 with my Squeezebox Touch & Boom. I also now have my iTunes library held centrally on my NAS.

I have also installed Twonky 7 and use it to stream movies/photos from my NAS via my Humax T2 on my TV and also on my sons XBOX.

Thanks,
Alan

Earle1944

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 03:49:47 AM »

Hi Alanr,

I was glad to read about you getting your squeeze center working. I've received the second DNS-325 and I'll be taking it over to my son's home and work with him setting it up. These NAS devices have opened a new world for my son and myself. You mentioned installing the Twonky Server on your NAS, so you moved a lot further than we have.

Take care, Earle