• March 29, 2020, 02:31:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Help setting up a rosewill RNX-N180UBE with a D link 4100  (Read 10818 times)

pblou24

• Level 1 Member
Help setting up a rosewill RNX-N180UBE with a D link 4100
« on: July 13, 2012, 11:57:31 PM »

not sure what setting i need to change to get the wireless adapter to work with the router. I'm new to this but i would really like to be able to use the wifi with my kids laptop.

Id there a tutorial on what setting i need to enable?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Help setting up a rosewill RNX-N180UBE with a D link 4100
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 02:07:39 AM »

I believe that this model router doesnt have WiFI. This is a stand alone router with out any WiFi.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

pblou24

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 03:39:31 AM »

I have two computers in the house going through the router and i have a rosewill RNX-N180UBE wireless adapter attached to a usb in my computer. I can't seem to get the wireless adapter to work with my PC connected to the router but it will work if i connect the modem directly to my pc. I'm missing something like a setting i need to set in the router to let the wireless adapter work?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 07:13:23 PM »

Again, the DGL-4100 does not have any wireless broadcasting abilities. It's wired only.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 08:17:04 PM »

You can still use the 4100 as a host router. What I would do to add wireless so your wireless adapter on the PC will have something to connect too, get you DAP model access point to connect to the 4100, like a DAP-1525, 1522 or 1535. These will be a nice add on to the 4100 and give you wireless broadcast so that your PC will connect wirelessly thru the DAP to the router.