• June 04, 2020, 08:28:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Hotel connection needs password  (Read 3339 times)

mitchell

• Level 1 Member
Hotel connection needs password
« on: June 09, 2012, 11:46:52 PM »

I just purchased a DAP-1350 in preparation for going to Europe.  My concern is that some hotels require you to log into the Internet with a password, or to pay for the service.  What I don't understand is the following:  if I connect the router to the hotel Ethernet, how/where do I register my room number to pay for the first connection?  Once I have paid for that connection, can I wirelessly connect a 2nd device without paying, so I can have 2 devices on line?   Thanks, Mitchell

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Hotel connection needs password
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 10:36:49 AM »

I presume you should be using a web browser and it will automatically connect to there log in web page. Each hotel could be different. Some hotels are free or you just need a free password they give you at check in. You'll need to contact the Hotel for further information regarding there WiFi connections.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!