• February 25, 2020, 01:52:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: WPA swap, printers (plural) issue.  (Read 1737 times)

jsktrogdor

• Level 1 Member
WPA swap, printers (plural) issue.
« on: March 21, 2012, 04:29:17 PM »

Any help is greatly appreciated:  

I swapped from WEP to WPA-Personal just yesterday.  

But since then both of our wireless printers have been unable to connect to the network.  They're made by different manufacturers (Canon & Epson) however are both receiving the exact same error message that

Entered security key/password does not match the one set for your router/access point.

Every other device in the house (Laptops, computers, tablets & smart phones) have all connected just fine since the switch just by entering the password.  I've reentered the password multiple times on both Printers & triple checked its the same one thats being entered in the other devices.  And neither printer has a new firmware update available. 

Even reset all settings for the printers & tried to set them up fresh.  
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 04:32:30 PM by jsktrogdor »

jsktrogdor

• Level 1 Member
Re: WPA swap, printers (plural) issue.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 05:03:22 PM »

Nevermind, I've figured it out.  But its odd as I've never had to do this before.  Dont suppose someone knows if this is just part of a WPA setup or if I've just macgyvered a work-around?

-Both printers had a "WPS" option in their "Setup" menu. 

-Both these options led to a "Push Button" or "PIN" sub option. 

-Just had to select the PIN option from the printer, add the PIN number to the Router setup window & hit connect.  Worked first try. 

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: WPA swap, printers (plural) issue.
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 06:18:07 PM »

You can also use the wireless on the printer to connect to the SSID set up for WiFi as well.

Enjoy.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!