• April 19, 2024, 04:54:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Looking for parts  (Read 3409 times)

jtb910

• Level 1 Member
Looking for parts
« on: February 05, 2012, 03:19:27 PM »

While removing a drive that had gone bad after two months I noticed part of the drive label was being peeled off as I removed the old and put in the new. I got to looking closer to figure out why (since the drive manufacturer states no label damage to RMA) and saw that the top drive guide didn't seem to line up with the end plate opening. Getting out my trusty phillips head screw driver I decided to "count the screws" and get to the root of the problem. It didn't take long. Once the cover was off it was real apparent that one end of the rail in fact was not in place when spot welded to the wrap around case.
This brings me to the purpose of this posting, my options are to go back to a single drive (second was just added for safety RAID 1) or find a suitable replacement housing. ANYONE WILLING TO PART WITH THEIR NONWORKING DNS321 REAL CHEAP?

jtb910

• Level 1 Member
Re: Looking for parts
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 12:41:08 PM »

Drill, Auto Body Hammer, Dremel Rotary Tool and Permatex Liquid Metal...better than new (hehe)