• June 04, 2024, 12:44:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: VPN PPTP in a DIR330 established but can't access remote LAN  (Read 11267 times)

brazodeorion

• Level 1 Member
VPN PPTP in a DIR330 established but can't access remote LAN
« on: January 30, 2012, 08:40:08 AM »

Hello.

I have a problem with a VPN. I have at home a DIR330, with a LAN address 192.168.0.1 and my PC in 192.168.0.2. And, in another location, I have a cellular modem as a VPN client, IP Lan address 192.168.1.1 and a PC with 192.168.1.2. I can do SSH from the remote PC to the local PC with no problem though the VPN, but from the local PC I can't even ping the remote PC. I presume that it is a routing issue, as the local PC don't take the VPN to ping the remote, so how can I solve this thing? Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 11:29:48 AM by brazodeorion »

dghost

• Level 1 Member
Re: VPN PPTP in a DIR330 established but can't access remote LAN
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 04:46:10 PM »

Hi!

I am having the same issue as you, I've setup a PPTP VPN server on the DIR-330 with a username/pwd. I can connect to it fine with my computer remotely, the PPTP connection is done, I can ping/access the DIR-330 from it's LAN ip only. The rest of the LAN is not reachable through the PPTP connection. So I checked in the menu, maybe there was some rules missing from the routing table or the firewall but I don't think it can be done from there. One thing also in my config, the router doesn't act as a DHCP server for the LAN. There is a server for doing that job.

I am also wondering why the russian version of this router is far ahead in it's firmware release compared to the north american one?

ftp://ftp.dlink.ru/pub/Router/DIR-330/Firmware/DIR-330_release_notes.txt

The numbers of fixes between version 1.12 and version 1.23 is staggering. Can't help but notice alos how many issue this model had with VPN and routing... Haven't finished reading all he changes yet.

DGhost