• April 18, 2021, 09:09:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-655 installation Error 111 help please  (Read 3782 times)

sjin4ever

• Level 1 Member
DIR-655 installation Error 111 help please
« on: March 07, 2009, 04:20:18 PM »

I have been using this router for over a year. However, the router's power plug was unplugged somehow and the router turned off. After plugging it back in my internet would not work. So I decided to install the router with the Setup Wizard CD that came with the router. No luck. After assigning the network name and the stuff, almost the very last part when it says configuring router and checking for internet connection? I can not remember. Configuring router gets checked but has a problem with the internet.

It says turn off the power of the modem and wait 2 minutes and turn it back on. It still didn't work.
And it says Error 111. I have a speedstream 5100 dsl modem. My router has been working fine.
I think it has something to do with resetting the router because i pressed and held onto the reset button on the back of the router for about 10 seconds because it told me to in middle of the installation process way before the error 111 came up. Need help please. My firmware version was 1.02.

Also, when it says error 111, all the lights are on and when i go to 192.168.0.1 it says connection established and connected and stuff like that and it says it's been runnin for however minutes I had the router connected. What is the problem? I have been struggling for hours.

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
Re: DIR-655 installation Error 111 help please
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 04:39:45 PM »

Hi sjin4ever,

Are you reconnecting over a Wired Computer? Meaning the computer you are at is Wired directly to the D-Link Router.

What is the Hardware Revision of the Router in question?

Where are you seeing Error 111 at?

Have you reinstalled the DIR-655 Router and sync'ed it to the DSL Modem?

Pull the plugs on both the DSL and DIR-655 at the Outlets to avoid mixing up the Power Supplies. Wait 2 minutes and then plug both in within seconds of each other.

See what happens.

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

sjin4ever

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 05:09:38 PM »

Thanks for replying.

Yes the router is directly connected to my computer by the ethernet cable. But I'm not on my router right now because it's not working.

I am not sure what the Hardware revision is I have very little knowledge about computers etc.

Error 111, It is from the Setup Wizard CD the wizard tells me to do stuff and it says Error 111

I am not sure what you mean by sycning it to the DSL modem... if that's important maybe that's why it's not working?

I will try pulling the plugs on both DSL and the router.

------- I tried pulling both power but no luck with that. I still don't know what syncing it to the DSL is and what the hardware revision is. I'll wait for your reply.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 05:52:30 PM by sjin4ever »

davevt31

• Level 8 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 07:23:25 PM »

Open your browser to 192.168.0.1.
Login as the admin
Go to the setup pages and configure it to work with your DSL.

Everything has been set back to factory defaults due to the reset button being pressed.
You will have to configure each of the setup pages.

sjin4ever

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 01:34:50 PM »

I tried going to set up and setting up the internet and stuff
and when I go to the status page it says connected and established and stuff but
it doesn't work.

The hardware revision of the router is well, I'm not sure if this is the hardware revision but next to H/W Ver. it says A2.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 04:01:08 PM by sjin4ever »