I had an older Dlink Wireless router and had no issues at all.
Now I have a DIR-655 and I am having a hard time with application licensing and remote desktop and other operations that use a host name.
Again the problem is accessing other systems on my LAN using the host name - ip addresses work fine
- I can see and access my files on other systems by using \\hostname - This works fine
- I can see and access my files on other systems by using \\192.168.x.xxx
- Connection Fail - When trying to Remote Desktop to other windows pcs on my LAN using the hostname
- Connection Fine - When trying to Remote Desktop to other windows pcs on my LAN using the IP address
- Applications cannot access a license server using hostname in license file
- Applications can access a license server using IP address in license file BUT SLOW
Firmware for B1 - 2.03
Enable Advanced DNS Service : unchecked
Unicasting : unchecked
DNS Relay : unchecked
DHCP Server Settings:
Alway Broadcast: checked
NetBIOS announcement : checked
NetBios node type: B Broadcast
WINS Primary: Blank
Enable UPnP :unchecked
Enable Multicast Streams : unchecked
ipv6 is disabled on Client pcs
Any help is welcomed - Thank you.
PS one other thing that bugs me about this router is when trying to assign static IPs for my DHSP server (Reserve) The Computers listed often appear and disappear at random even when they are active and using the internet.