• June 03, 2024, 05:05:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Windows 7 beta support  (Read 5672 times)

wasay

• Level 1 Member
Windows 7 beta support
« on: February 23, 2009, 08:24:42 PM »

Hi their,

I have installed the new OS on a brand new machine and I tried to install the drivers that are available in the ftp site but nothing works on the windows 7.

The connection manager when double clicked will come up for 2 seconds but quickly closes itself, a compatability check of win7 suggestions it's a incompatible software.

Do you have a solution to install dwa-130 on win7?

I will really appreciate any help.
Thank you,
Wasay

lmichael

• Level 1 Member
Re: Windows 7 beta support
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 09:47:55 AM »

I'm having the same problem.

I installed Win7 RC 32-bit on a formatted HDD. Shortly afterward I purchased and installed my 1st router (DIR-615, H/W =C1, F/W =3.01) and adapter (DWA130, H/W =C1, F/W =1.20). I used the install CD wizard to install the router 1st and left every setting at default except firewall enabled SPI and ping response is disabled.

I next installed the adapter using the provided CD and again used the wizard and left all settings at default. The internet connected immediately, but I am experiencing numerous drops in connection. Win7 displays its own wizard and resets the adapter. This happens a few times every day. Both the router and the adapter sit on my desktop and I have no other 2.4 GHz devices in my home. I also tried to update to the version 3.10 driver, and I'm having no luck. I completely uninstall the existing version 3.01 from device manager and attempt to run the newly downloaded update, but when I am prompted to install the adapter my PC does not find it. It continues to prompt me to plug in the adapter and won't recognize that anything is plugged in. Any ideas?

Thanks!