• May 22, 2024, 06:39:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Adding a VLAN DFL-800  (Read 3391 times)

unnamedplayer

• Level 1 Member
Adding a VLAN DFL-800
« on: June 26, 2011, 12:10:40 PM »

Hello all,

Currently I have a one network 10.1.1.0/24. I have a DFL-800 router/firewall that is connected to this network on the LAN interface. I would like to add a wireless AP. My AP is capable of multiple SSIDs so I would want one for the current private network and one for a guest network.

Now I have read from the FAQs and manuals on adding and configuring VLANs but I am confused on a couple of points. The FAQ "How do I create and configure a VLAN on a Netdefend firewall?" says VID 1 is reserved for internal use and cannot be used for VLANs, but the FAQ "How do I configure VLANS on my DFL-210/800/1600 and Layer 2 Managed Switch?" shows an example that uses the default VLAN.

So, do I need to create two new separate VLANs? Or can I use the default VLAN which is what currently all of the ports on my switch are in right now, and then just create a new VLAN and add one port switch to that VLAN (which will be the port the wireless AP is attached to)?

Thank you for any help!

danilovav

• Level 4 Member
  • Alexandr Danilov
Re: Adding a VLAN DFL-800
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 06:14:37 AM »

First, you can't make port-based VLAN on DFL-800. Second, you don't need it
Just use default vlan (untagged) for your main network and wireless
For guest network, create VLAN SSID on your AP and VLAN on DFL with the same VID
BR, Alexandr Danilov