• June 05, 2024, 03:33:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: FrameChannel EOL  (Read 7863 times)

MonsterJamE

• Level 1 Member
FrameChannel EOL
« on: June 17, 2011, 12:55:14 PM »

What is going to happen with the DIR-685 router FrameChannel apps as that service is going to be EOL?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: FrameChannel EOL
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 01:03:00 PM »

Whats this FrameChannel all about?
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

gaterouter

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 04:00:09 PM »

I expect the app will be useless.  D-link seems not fixing the issues this router has already let alone putting any effort to support a third party feature/sevice like FC.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 04:01:44 PM by gaterouter »

Svetoslav

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 08:57:15 AM »

FrameChannel Users -

Due to challenges with the economy and our company's financial situation we've been forced to make a tough decision and will be shutting down the FrameChannel service this month.

We have provided a mechanism for you to download any of your photos that are hosted with us in the My Photos channel or that have been emailed to your device via the My Friend's Photos feature.

You may log into your account at www.framechannel.com to download your photos, but the service will soon stop delivering content to your devices.  To download your photos, log into your FrameChannel account, click the Download My Photos tab, and follow the instructions there.

For those of you using your devices for commercial applications, you may wish to take a look at the SignChannel service.  That service is owned an operated by Scala, Inc., a worldwide leader in digital signage.  For more information, please visit www.signchannel.com or email info@signchannel.com

We thank you for your support of the FrameChannel service.

-The FrameChannel Team
DIR-685 F/W Ver.: 2.02WW

ycwkpp898

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 12:31:14 PM »

I have sent emails regarding the removal of the framechannel and the slowness of the NAS server, as these where the selling point of the router for me. but now they have removed framechannel. but not gave any word on what they are going to do. Frameit has been discontinued my microsoft but its still showing on there firmware. They really have broken promises on there dir-685. I have not recieved a single reply to my emails. as i have noticed through out the forums that they dont reply to emails very often. I wish i could find someone within dlink to answer these questions. I am quite sure that dlink could setup a firmware station where you pick and choose what you want in your firmware. dd-wrt doesn't have any custom firmware. I wish someone would pick up this firmware and custom build it.

gaterouter

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 07:30:49 AM »

FrameChannel Users -

Due to challenges with the economy and our company's financial situation we've been forced to make a tough decision and will be shutting down the FrameChannel service this month.

We have provided a mechanism for you to download any of your photos that are hosted with us in the My Photos channel or that have been emailed to your device via the My Friend's Photos feature.

You may log into your account at www.framechannel.com to download your photos. SERVICES WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AFTER AUGUST 30, 2011.

We thank you for your support of the FrameChannel service.

-The FrameChannel Team