• May 23, 2024, 02:49:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DI-524 stopped communicating after adding a MAC IP address  (Read 3561 times)

asedmonds

DI-524 stopped communicating after adding a MAC IP address
« on: June 02, 2011, 01:08:19 PM »

I've got an old DI-524 wireless G router, with a Time Warner Cable-supplied Arris modem.  I just picked up an iPad2.

The iPad recognized my router (with WEP password) just fine, but wouldn't open a URL.

So, I went into my D-Link admin settings to add the iPad's IP address.  No problems saving this.

Then, I got a screen (in the admin) with a CONTINUE button, which I click, and the PC web browser freezes up -- leaving me no choice but to power off.

Now, the router has stopped communicating.  I powered everything down and followed the installation guide to a T.  All of the lights are blinking the way they should, but no dice on the internet connection.

Next, I remove the router and just try the modem.  Works just fine.

I powered everything down again and make sure to connect the ethernet cables and power cords in the correct sequence.  Still no internet connection.

The hardware LOOKS to be functioning properly, but did something happen internally when I had to abort the admin?

I have also reset the router multiple times, to no avail.  The installation EXE that came with the router confirms that I can't get an internet connection.

Waah...