• June 05, 2024, 02:50:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Problems with Building The Media Library  (Read 10624 times)

chef_NL

• Level 1 Member
Problems with Building The Media Library
« on: April 16, 2011, 08:49:39 AM »

I have some troubles with the DNS-325.

I have copied some of my media to the NAS, only the NAS takes forever to build up the media library if it even works.
Most of the time, it gets stuck in about 1% and doesn't continue to build up the library,

It's about 200Gb of data (mostly TV shows)

Any tips or suggestions, it's pretty annoying..

chef_NL

• Level 1 Member
Re: Problems with Building The Media Library
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 04:25:50 AM »

problem seems to be resolved? don't know how but it's fine with me :)

arch_zj

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 06:40:41 AM »

I experienced this issue as well...building the media library for iTunes takes a very long time and stalled around 50% for me...then it would just refresh, start again, refresh, etc. over and over. Never giving a successful acknowledgement

The issue also occurred on the upnp side, but eventually that did complete and gave a successful acknowledgement. However, the media server was initially available and working, but no longer is.

Also, a few times this issue (the building/refreshing the library) has essentially just locked the NAS up solid.

arch_zj

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 04:03:05 AM »

Well, for what its worth--resetting to factory defaults and starting over seems to have helped as I am now able to locate the DLNA server on my network.

Building the media library is still flaky--times out at around 50% and freezes the NAS, but upon a reboot it appears that the library is complete (haven't really drilled down into the structure to verify that yet).

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 08:23:34 AM »

Which browser are you using when enabling the DLNA server and setting the folder? I have noticed some inconsistencies with Chrome but using IE and Firefox have been fine.

arch_zj

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 12:26:25 PM »

I use Firefox almost exclusively.

I still seem to be encountering a problem with the large directory being used for music; the media library build consistently bogs at 47-48% and the NAS becomes unreachable and needs a hard reset.

I am assuming that certain folders or files inside the directory must be causing this since it consistently happens, but that is just my guess. I am just unsure as to how to determine what the root cause is...

I can say:
--That using smaller portions of the directory as a test, instead of the whole directory,  has allowed the library to build successfully.

--After the NAS becomes bogged and unresponsive at the 47% mark, I do the hard reset and when it comes back I can stream music. HOWEVER, not all artist folders are present--the only reason I found this out is I went looking for an artist and they weren't there...

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 12:32:09 PM »

The only way to find out which song is causing the server to crash is to add songs slowly. Copy 1/3 of the songs into a directory and add only that directory to the server. If it successfully adds them then do the do the same with another 1/3 of the songs. If the server fails then you know something in that next batch is causing it to fail and it is not the first 1/3 of your songs. Then you can start narrowing it down even more.

kipni

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 02:33:21 PM »

Ok,

what i try now, i want to list my files on the sharecenter in ps3media server.
When i list them, my tv or my playstation don't see them.
When i list them(the same files) from a local hard drive, my tv and ps3 sees them.

hs3jn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 10:14:38 PM »

;D Refresh building media libary/database DNS-320L successful Easy If You setting

1. folder =,< 6 Folder
2. file in folder =,< 254 files
3. set : Use IE Explorer -> 192.168.1.(2 or 102 or....)-> Management-> System Mangement-> System Settings-> Defaults(Restore To Factory Default Settings.)-> Restore
4. Reset Network Shares : Use IE Explorer -> 192.168.1.(2 or 102 or....)-> Management-> Account Management-> Network Shares-> Reset Network Shares-> New-> (add p2p folder)Next d-click Volume_1 (HDD is 1 HDD if 2 HDD use Volume_2) Click [/]p2p
5. (copy/delete file in DNS-320L Use=,<6 folders in folders Use file =,<254 files) -> Application Management-> Multimedia Services-> Add(add folder p2p,music,photo,video)-> 100% Refresh building media libary/database successful
6. set -> UPnP AV Settings-> Enable
You OK. Use TV
7. set Device Name : Management-> System Managemant-> Device-> Name .......
8. set Admin PassWord : Management-> Account Management-> Admin PassWord-> New Password-> ......
9. set Hard Drive Hibernation Settings : Management-> Power Management-> [/]enable or [/]disable
10. set IP Address DNS-320L : Management-> Network Management-> LAN Setup-> (Click LAN letter is red) Setup-> 192.168.1. .......