• April 07, 2020, 07:51:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: !seen Windows 7 beta driver..  (Read 19925 times)

j0lly

• Level 1 Member
!seen Windows 7 beta driver..
« on: January 16, 2009, 01:01:36 AM »

Hey. Can you please upload a newer beta driver for windows 7?  ???

I have been using the one that came with the latest build (7000),
and I have been using the latest Vista driver. With both of them, i experience low signal,
and connection problems..  (The signal is very strong, and stable in xp)

matt2911

• Level 1 Member
Re: !seen Windows 7 beta driver..
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 06:28:41 AM »

I also am using windows 7 64 bit on one of my pc's   I did try to install on win 7 64 with driver problem and non funtional results. system is updated with SP1 out of box  and recent hardware on this PC Intel core 2 quad and gigabyte EP45-DS3R MOBO (mobo BIOS updated to F11e as well)
will try in windows XP soon to test funtion of this Network adapter(DWA-548) thanks
Anyone else care to advise me on wireless network adapter workarounds
ie Ateros driver?
install without driver and let win 7 configure  device?
keep device in XP forever?
look for another device?
Please advise on DWA-548 wireless N adapter
Regards Matt
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 06:39:46 AM by matt2911 »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 06:40:38 AM »

Is this using the latest driver from the web site?

Also try Disabling Driver Enforcement policy by hitting F8 at preboot on Windows 7.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

matt2911

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 10:23:49 PM »

In my last OS install I switched from USB to this adapter and I think was the latest driver from DLink.com  AFAIK.  I got a symbot like a triangle that is yellow and said something about a driver problem.  I needed to update OS so I used the realteck wired NIC to updat some things (not video yet)  Thinking something was wrong I reinstalled the system (something else was wrong with OS ( i forget just now what)  OK fresh install some updates and I am waiting to test with XP .  So far so good with xp as I am writing back on this nic.  only glitch is i installed SW with NIC card installed, but it works in XP only so far.   Later I will reinstall in win 7 64 bit
thanks for your time and talent

PS what is tha rumor about a third party driver based on the chip vender (possibly chip vender i dont know) And how do i find out what other driver install options are available?

« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 07:50:25 AM by matt2911 »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 07:47:17 AM »

Keep us posted.
Good Luck.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!