We have a new DCS-5220 that we're playing with, seeing what we can do with it, and have a number of questions as well as one possible bug to report. I was somewhat surprised when tier 3 support said this was the best place to cover them all - including the bug.
We are using firmware version 1.02, which is what the camera came with.First, the bug:
In the webgui, under Configuration > Tools > System > "Turn off the LED indicator" this is completely ignored by the camera. The red power LED is always on, and the green status LED flashes as long as it has a network connection. This is clearly a bug.Next, our list of questions:
And, a feature request:
- What is the root password?
- Is there a URL we can pole for a static image? (ie. http://camera_ip/static.jpg which would trigger a snapshot every time the URL is requested)
- Are there any shell commands for motor control? If so, what are they?
- Is there a shell command to retrieve logged in users? If so, what is it?
- Is there a shell command for controlling the LED activity? If so, what is it?
It would be really nice if the status LED lit green when there was someone logged on to the webgui. Perhaps this is the intended activity, and it not doing so should be filed away as part of the above bug...
Thanks in advance for any assistance