• June 15, 2024, 11:54:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Let's give a help to D-Link  (Read 3594 times)

fgl30

• Level 3 Member
Let's give a help to D-Link
« on: February 14, 2011, 11:23:41 AM »

Well, it seems the DIR-685 is a dead project for D-Link... who knows we can give a little help to D-Link and show the bugs of the buggiest D-Link product... I'll try to start:

#1 Router is turnned off. I turn it on: no Wi-Fi signal... turn off and turn on again... still no signal... doing this 3, 4, 5 times I can get Wi-Fi signal... (already tested, off course.. it IS the router, not my devices)

#2 Some devices, ex. my cell phone is connected to router via Wi-Fi... if I disconnect cell phone, to reconnect again I need to reboot router

#3 Some times I loose connection with storage HDD in router, although internet still working

#4 Length of CAT5 cables (wired connections): short CAT5 cable, works ok.... cables about 30 meters, not working

Anyone?

PS Sorry about my limited english

fgl30

• Level 3 Member
Re: Let's give a help to D-Link
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 05:50:13 AM »

52 views until now and no one with the same problems of mine?!?!?

morphy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 10:52:01 AM »

Read this for your cables http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigabit_Ethernet it should be up to 100 meters. Why it does not work over 30 meters maybe a signal power problem? As for your other problems my phone seems connect ok. I have not got a hard drive in the router as it is noisy and slow. Also my router is on 24/7 and I have no problems with the wi-fi. Thats the best I can do M

ph0enix

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 06:08:10 PM »

fgl30: I only have issue with #3 it is random, but the others are major issues. Only thing I could say is RMA or Update firmware again......clear default settings.

fgl30

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 01:47:03 PM »

Thx for feebacks, guys

I checked the cables with another router/devices... cables works ok.....