• June 16, 2024, 11:08:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Is firmware v1.15 stable?  (Read 22647 times)

tweberis

• Level 1 Member
Re: Is firmware v1.15 stable?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 03:55:04 PM »

I personally am running 1.12 and have no problems with my PS3 connected to it. DMZ is my main comp so I use UPnP for the ps3. I have no plans to get 1.13 or 1.15. Just my two cents worth.

On a side note, what you pay is what you get. After trying several budget routers (Belkin, Linksys, Netgear) I stepped up to a the DGL-4500 and its been a network-gasm ever since.

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 06:11:33 PM »

Ignore him, 1.15 is problematic for many people including myself.  I rolled back to 1.12 so I can enter information and make changes without resorting to extreme measures.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 08:47:10 AM »

The varied results that you're seeing here is the reason I've requested for a few unit's that are suffering from the issue to be sent to me for testing.
we will get to the bottom of this if it kills me.

DragonMixer

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 08:47:56 PM »

For me my problems started in firmware v1.12 and also with the latest editions of firmware.  One is wireless drops out (very few and after being on for a long time and/or possibly moving large files over network happened once), second lag on games sometimes (system link and online gaming), third wireless signal strength is less than half (my brother had his xbox 360 on the ground with firmware v1.02.  Afterwards, he had to put it on the table and still has a weak signal).  I posted my problems awhile ago ( http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=2608.0 ) hope it helps.

P.S.  I also tried all the tricks on the forums and still no improvement, current firmware is v1.15, and I have one Cipher Type on my router.

Tinker

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 12:00:13 PM »

The varied results that you're seeing here is the reason I've requested for a few unit's that are suffering from the issue to be sent to me for testing.
we will get to the bottom of this if it kills me.

Lycan, to recreat this problem please try turning off the radio for the wireless. After you complete this and the nest time you go back into the router you will find that you are unable to turn it back on or make any other changes without a hard reset. Sadly I didn't find this forum until after I flashed from 1.02 to 1.15. If I had read about this issue I night still be with 1.02 even with the exploit.

I also made a post about this in your sticky here  http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=3099.0  . My post is the last one on the first page.

I hopr this helps to get this nailed down and maybe even fixed!

Thanks boss
Tinker
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 12:03:32 PM by Tinker »

wrrza

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 12:16:26 PM »

i want to @echo what tinker mentioned. once i disabled radio i couldn't change any settings in my router. even flashing the firmware didnt work until i reset to factory settings first THEN downgraded.

bchurchwell

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2009, 03:02:44 PM »

I have this same issue.  Once wireless is disabled, no further changes can be made in the router configuration pages until it is reset to defaults.  If a change is attempted, the router immediately reboots without warning and the change is not saved.

The workaround I devised for this is to set a schedule so that the wireless is on only from 12:00 to 12:01 AM on Sundays.

Thus, wireless is only on one minute per week, and I can still make changes to the router settings.

weoh

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 04:37:32 PM »

I have the same problem.  If the wireless is turned off, you cannot turn the wireless back on, or change any settings without a hard reset.  Which makes it impossible to connect my phone to that router.  The phone will only connect if the router was powered on with the wireless off, then enabling the wireless.

arod

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 02:35:06 PM »

I was able to replicate and PM has been notified.

WannaRip2278

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2009, 02:15:29 AM »

I have a PS3 and 1.15 I have never had any problems. 

frogshair57

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2009, 11:45:16 PM »

I wished i stayed with firmware v1.02. 1.15 killed my 4500

Ezekial

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2009, 07:03:37 PM »

Stay at 1.02, I am glad I have.

It's sad that I have to use a 1.5 year old firmware, beause DLink can't get their code monkeys to make a firmware worth a **** on this.

I have now stopped recommending DLink routers due to the firmware issues on this model, and others I have read about, since if you buy one you're stuck with a newer problematic version.  It's sad, as their products started out awesome. (re: 655, 4500, etc)
Granted I don't know much about the newer 655 releases, heck it could be fixed now, but just have a bad taste in my mouth currently.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 07:07:54 PM by Ezekial »

NKYadav

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2009, 07:40:26 PM »

FWIW:  New (I saw new as I purchased it this past Jan) DGL-4500 HW Rev A1 FW default 1.02 that I immediately updated to 1.15 - I have not had issues at all.  Then again, I don't have a PS3 to plug into it, only 3 computers, each attache to its own Gigabit Ethernet switch, and a couple of networked printers, and my HP Tablet-PC with Wireless N native that I use here and there (I rarely use it at home, mostly out of the home) and a pair of iPAQs - HX2490Bs (which force me to use WEP since they supposedly support WPA but the connection fails 100% of the time if I switch over to WPA).

Seeing the commentary here makes me want to dig out the laptop more often - unfortunately, testing is out of the question ATM b/c both laptop and my personal desktop are running Windows 7 (build 7068, 32bit on laptop and 64bit on desktop) and W7 supposedly has issues with dropping connections for some folks on wireless (which I have also never experienced....)

LaneLander

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2009, 08:50:28 PM »

Well it has been a while for me and thought I would chime in.  After my initial purchance I went ahead and installed 1.15. to date these are my only issues.

Shareport is not reliable so I do not use it.

That is about it.

I have 2 laptops and a Wii that are wireless
a gaming systems that loves to download and make Comcast cry
a win XP machine for the kids that really houses 600GB of movies.

All in all I am pretty pleased.  Sure there are things I would change but if it aint broke.

anon

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2009, 11:34:43 PM »

If you just look back a few pages you will see a certain pattern when it comes to those having problems with the DGL-4500. It’s gaming on the PS3 and PC with some 360 connection issues as well. Almost everything else the router does a good job with. Also most noticed a change when updating the f/w from 1.02 to…well anything after it. Sadly when looking through some posts, many problems never get a fix and some just seem to give up. This is especially true for PS3 related issues when users update from f/w 1.02.

I’m just looking forward to the next dgl-xxxx (if there is a next one), or just the upcoming extreme n 450.
Pages: 1 [2] 3