• March 28, 2024, 10:28:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: B Hardware Firmware Update  (Read 22043 times)

Jalapano

• Level 1 Member
Re: B Hardware Firmware Update
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 08:11:31 AM »

Product Page: DIR-655         Hardware Version: B1      Firmware Version: 2.00

Hope this is right :)

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 11:16:54 AM »

Hi Jalapano,

As Davevt31 had asked before, when you downloaded the Firmware from the Web-site, did you unpack the Zip file?

Once you unzipped the download, make sure to Disable the Background Anti-Virus scanning and the Firewall.

Once you are signed into the Router Settings go here:

http://192.168.0.1/Tools/Firmware.shtml

Click on Browse: You want to Browse to where you unpacked the Zip file and locate this file:
DIR655B1_FW201NAB14

Typing in the filename doesn't work, you need to browse to it. Highlight it and click on it so it shows up in that Window. Path and Filename.

Click on Upload and simply follow the instructions, I previously written up. Do not restore the Configuration.bin file, you might have saved.

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

Jalapano

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2011, 04:22:51 PM »

Hi

yes i had unpacked the file and browse to locate the file.

But i had a Anti-virus and firewall on ( but i got the same result with them off)
Also got a friend to try from his laptop, but still no luck

And i need those alg settings, so this router is going back to the store.

But thx for the help anyway :)

fordman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 11:40:19 AM »

Are you in Europe or another country not in North America?  I've already flashed to 2.01NA, so I can't be sure, but I thought my firmware as shipped showed 2.00NA, so it seems you are attempting to flash North American firmware on an non-North American router.  I believe there is a difference because different countries allow different bandwidths to be used.  A different router manual pointed out the difference in allowable channels (which correspond to specific slices of the bandwidth) between the United States and Japan...

Jalapano

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 09:43:47 PM »

Yes , i live in Europe.
Cant remember  any  firmware for the B1 European version(that allowes alg settings) , so i thought B1 us and B1 European was the same unit.

But still, this gives me hope :)

FGendron

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 03:42:17 AM »

Hi !

When you say that this firmware upgrade (2.01NA) is for B hardware, is it also for B1 ?

Is B1 and B hardware the same ?

François

fordman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 06:08:12 AM »

Hi !

When you say that this firmware upgrade (2.01NA) is for B hardware, is it also for B1 ?

Is B1 and B hardware the same ?

François

Yes, at least on the D-Link United States site, when you want to download firmware, it only presents you with two choices, DIR-655 and DIR-655_REVB.  If you choose the first link (REV A), there is a single choice regardless of what revision level of A hardware that you have, same as the downloads for REV B.  I went to the UK site, and I noticed that they don't hae REV B listed as a choice for firmware downloads.  However for each of the four A revisions, there is a separate page for downloading firmware for each hardware revision.  However, I have verified that (at least for the most recent version of the firmware) the downloaded file for each A revision level is IDENTICAL.  I think the only reason there is a different page for each revision is because the product page is organized differently than the U.S. ones, with all support resouces (product manuals, fact sheets, etc.) on a single page with the firmware.

Since there are in fact diffrences in hardware between each hardware revison level, my guess is that the firmware is sort of a "unified" firmware (much like NVIDIA video drivers) that has information for all revision levels, but it only applies the needed changes for your specific revision level.

fordman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 06:18:24 AM »

Yes , i live in Europe.
Cant remember any firmware for the B1 European version(that allowes alg settings) , so i thought B1 us and B1 European was the same unit.

But still, this gives me hope :)

I did verify that "NA" was appended to my original 2.00 firmware as displayed on the screen, i.e. 2.00NA, so this seems to be the fact then that you are attempting to apply north american firmware for your particular router.

I don't know what specific country you live in, but I went to the U.K. site and found that only firmware for revisions A1 through A4 is listed.  If you already chose the DLink page for your specific country, then perhaps it is the same as the U.K site.  You obviously have REV B1 hardware and it is NOT north american, so perhaps DLink is still working on new firmware for your router.  It's only been about a month since the release of the 2.01NA firmware, and it is not unusual for there to be regional differences in releases of firmware (at least for other products).  See my reply to François about the specifics of what I found regarding differences in firmware for revisions.

Jalapano

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 06:32:51 AM »

i first tried New firmware v.2.01 b06 from D-Link fra a Taiwan site
http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/download_view_get.asp?sno=KLMKIOKP&RelType=Firmware&ModelSno=CGDCLD&HWsno=NSDSBP

The upgrade worked fine , but still no Alg.

But i found this guide on a other forum

1) Follow the "Installation using firmware recovery mode" session in
»wiki.openwrt.org/toh/d-link/dir-825
, and force the router in firmware recovery mode/emergency recovery console

2) Browse and select "DIR655B1_FW201B06.bin" to flash

Success!!

And now i works perfect :)

fordman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 06:53:51 AM »

The upgrade worked fine , but still no Alg.

But i found this guide on a other forum

1) Follow the "Installation using firmware recovery mode" session in
»wiki.openwrt.org/toh/d-link/dir-825
, and force the router in firmware recovery mode/emergency recovery console

2) Browse and select "DIR655B1_FW201B06.bin" to flash

Success!!

And now i works perfect :)

Strange - the firmware file didn't add ALG when applied as an upgrade, but a recovery mode using the exact same file did?  That seems to point to a problem with the firmware upgrade algorithm built into the router.  Congratulations on getting it to work!  This does seem like a really good router, but it is not perfect.  Now if I can find a trick to get all my wireless clients to show up on the wireless status page (the clients connect just fine, but aren't always reported on the status page)...

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 08:50:04 AM »

Strange - the firmware file didn't add ALG when applied as an upgrade, but a recovery mode using the exact same file did?  That seems to point to a problem with the firmware upgrade algorithm built into the router.  Congratulations on getting it to work!  This does seem like a really good router, but it is not perfect.  Now if I can find a trick to get all my wireless clients to show up on the wireless status page (the clients connect just fine, but aren't always reported on the status page)...

Hi fordman,

The ALG section is available if you follow the steps outline here:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=36970.0
thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

fordman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2011, 11:05:17 AM »

Hi fordman,

The ALG section is available if you follow the steps outline here:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=36970.0

Hello thecreator,

Yes, I believe I have the ALG section available - it is just the 4 options at the bottom of the firewall configuration page, right?  I was addressing Jalapano's inability to get the ALG settings through a normal firmware upgrade.

I looked at the link you provided, and I saw that topic before.  It doesn't specifically address ALG, but were you suggesting that you need to follow the steps shown to upgrade the firmware to get ALG to show up in the firewall configuration page?

I did a router reset after the firmware flash to 2.01NA, but I didn't do it before uploading the firmware flash.  I am not having any issues with the DHCP Clients list as you appeared to have before you wrote that post.  I also did not restore a configuration file, and instead re-setup everything from scratch after upgrading the firmware and performing the router reset.  Do you think that the one step I didn't do, i.e. factory reset the router before uploading the firmware upgrade, would make all my wireless devices show up all the time in the Wireless status page?  Sometimes they show up, but most of the time they do not.

Thanks,
fordman

iJerm

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2011, 09:33:53 AM »

I just installed this firmware to my router because before hand my router is getting very low speeds. But with the new firmware and factory reset it is still slower than ever and when I connect directly to the modem the speeds are fine, obviously, but with the router it's slow....too slow. Any ideas on how to fix this?

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2011, 10:14:20 AM »

Is it slow when wired or wireless?
What are your wireless settings?
What is your wireless adapters?

Need More Info
Pages: 1 [2]