• June 03, 2024, 02:41:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Xbox 360 update  (Read 6197 times)

mrwinky

• Level 2 Member
Xbox 360 update
« on: January 04, 2009, 01:06:04 PM »

I can now see the Dlink-323 in the xbox menu, and I can get into to my movie folder, but it tells me there is no videos in there. Now all of the movies are in sub directorys in this folder. I did throw in some pictures in the folder and i can view them on the xbox 360. All of these files are torrents from Isohunt... I dont get it, why i cant see them. Any advice?

Winky

etaggart

• Level 1 Member
Re: Xbox 360 update
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 05:57:12 PM »

Xbox 360 UPNP is not fixed.  I was able to get it to work with a single AVI file in a folder, but when I publish my entire media library it does not work on the 360. 

However, I can view the content fine from my XBMC original XBOX1, but nothing on my XBOX 360..

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 10:00:40 PM »

However, I can view the content fine from my XBMC original XBOX1, but nothing on my XBOX 360..

Apples an oranges my friend. One uses SMB the other uses UPNP AV protocol.

Try minimizing your collection, perhaps you have a corrupt file somewhere.

nightshocker

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 10:34:31 PM »

Quote from: etaggart on Today at 05:57:12 PM

sorry not true.....   xbox 1 supports both smb and UPnP(that is why imo it it still the best). if i could upload a picture i would show you. the 323 auto discovers and i could see and play all files using UPnP

boxst

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 01:25:59 AM »

It does work for me.  I have a Folder called "Music and Video" from root and then "Video" and then several other sub-folders like Movies/TV etc...   In total about 200gb worth.

The Xbox 360 can navigate to the correct directory and it plays all the content.

Steve

mrwinky

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 05:02:22 AM »

Well I dont know what to say, I feel I'm at a loss on this. I've shared out a avi_movies directory with about 50 subfolders below that (there about 30 char) and the 360 tells me no videos, yet I copied on of the movies to my thumb drive, loaded, was asked to download some codec thing, I did, and that movie played, yet the 360 wont see it on the dns-323, ive even tried to copy some of the movies up a level (sitting in the avi_movies directory) and still nothing. not sure what else to try at this point.

Winky

bripab007

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 06:23:04 AM »

It seems to work intermittantly/sketch-ily when there's a lot of folders/sub-folders.  Initially, I had the UPnP share out the Root, but it never worked, so I changed it to share out just my videos folder, and it works fine, now.

Now, working "fine," means it works about, oh, a fraction as well as XBMC running on my Xbox 1, but that's to be expected ;-)

etaggart

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 07:39:05 AM »

Try minimizing your collection, perhaps you have a corrupt file somewhere.

Incorrect my friend..  XBMC can use either and mine is setup to connect to the DNS-323 with UPNP AV protocol.   Let me know what information you need to help you fix your problem with the DNS-323 code as I am more than willing to help. 

hilaireg

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 08:42:23 AM »

IMHO, XBMC is a far superior multimedia open source product.  XBMC supports SMB and UPnP and the development folks actively address compatibility issues that present itself in those two technologies.

The XBOX 360 has a restricted subset of implemented multimedia capabilities; development effort tyically revolves around addressing issues that impact potential revenue dollars.  Therefore, the UPnP implementation on the XBOX 360 is not necessarily on-par with other devices.

Cheers,