• June 03, 2024, 03:07:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Vlan Compatability  (Read 3778 times)

mavrrick

• Level 1 Member
Vlan Compatability
« on: December 09, 2008, 07:55:13 AM »

We have recently upgrade to a much more robust switch with Vlan's to improve some issues with static and noise on the phones. Initially we were just running a SMB Router with 4 10/100 ports and 2 8 port gig/E switches.

Basically the gig E switches weren't managed and haveing issues with providing priority to our voip Phones under heave load. We also ran out of ports which was causing some other issues. Either way i am trying to find a way to allow the the Computers to still hook up to the Main Phone system for the Response point Assistant to work.

So our current setup has come to, the smb router with 4 10/100 ports, which plug into a 48 port Gig/E managed switch. The 48 port Gig/E switch has been configured with 2 vlans. Basically we just added 1 for voice. I am trying to figure out what are the network configuration abilities of the main phone system. I don't see anything in it anywhere to all me to setup  a static ip or set it up for vlan tagging or anything beyond just basic DHCP. Is there any way to configure the network connection from the phone system to support a more robust enviroment.

pperry803

Re: Vlan Compatability
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 12:49:02 PM »

Have you experienced dropped called and your gateways restarting with your previous network configuration?  Has your new configuration elemiated your issues.

Thanks,

Pete

mavrrick

• Level 1 Member
Re: Vlan Compatability
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 07:16:20 AM »

The only issues we were haveing were network performance drops because of going from Gig/E to 100mbs using the passthrough and static when traffic was high