• June 04, 2024, 06:05:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Headset  (Read 5439 times)

mavrrick

• Level 1 Member
Headset
« on: November 24, 2008, 11:03:31 AM »

The Response Point phones don't have any connectivity for Headsets. Anyone have any suggestions as to what headsets will work with these phones

happyhacking

• Level 1 Member
Re: Headset
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 02:26:13 PM »

Not sure any headset will work with this software, but this read could be interesting for you
http://www.rptricks.com/blog/index.php/2008/04/30/dialing-a-response-point-handset-directly-from-a-sip-phone/
If you find any solution, post it back, thanx

tolchuk

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 04:02:41 AM »

Add me to the list.  I'm going to get fired if I can't come up with something.  It seems absolutely ridiculous on so many levels.  Why isn't there a universal handset replacement for wireless headsets?  It's just a speaker and a microphone for pete's sake and a remote control arm to pick up and hang up.  Please if anyone finds anything let me know.   ???

mavrrick

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 08:25:15 AM »

After talking to a few headset companies they just stated I needed a headset system with a Amplifier. So we have started with trying the Plantronics S12 System, and now we are getting a Plantronics CS361N Headset for wireless.

The catch here is that you will head a headset lifter if you don't want to have to be at the desk and lift it up for each call.

It should also be noted that there aren't any guarentee's. Plantronics said that the S12 should work but wouldn't say for sure as they didn't have any info on the DPH-125MS. It is a bit of hit or miss but i can vouch for the S12 at this point. We have had one now for about a week and it works great.

tolchuk

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 01:58:52 PM »

Thanks Mavrrick,

I've got a meeting with the angry office staff today.  It will be nice to tell them something positive.