• June 03, 2024, 01:47:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: PS3 and my DLink problems  (Read 9692 times)

eyox1

PS3 and my DLink problems
« on: November 13, 2008, 11:35:20 AM »

I am trying to increase my router strength/help my connection.  I am having a couple problems. 
1. When I set my PS3 to have a static IP it registers as unknown to my router, if it assigns automatically it will register...why is this????

2. My router shows my signal strength at 20% more than my PS3 registers the signal...why???

3. Is there a firmware that works best with the PS3? Im at 1.9.

4. I know environment etc interfers with signal, but over the past couple days my signal strength has dropped about 15%, what would cause such a drastic drop all of a sudden?

5.What are the best settings for the PS3?

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
Re: PS3 and my DLink problems
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 12:39:29 PM »

Since you are using wireless, you should do a few things.

Make sure you manually select the wireless channel.  Either channel 1 or 11 have the least inference.
Set your encryption to either WPA or WPA2, and use a Cipher type of AES/TKIP.

Set a DHCP reservation in the router.  Do not do it on the device itself. 

Make sure the MAC address is correct also.

Do NOT use Mac Filtering, as it's pointless.

eyox1

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 01:30:04 PM »

THanks for the reply.
I have my encryption at WPA2 already.
When I try to set the channel manually it says for llg turbo mode the channel should be set to 6, does the turbo mode even make a difference with the PS3??
You said to make sure Mac address is correct, and don't use mac filtering are you talking about on the router or PS3??

Thanks again

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 07:11:59 PM »

THanks for the reply.
I have my encryption at WPA2 already.
When I try to set the channel manually it says for llg turbo mode the channel should be set to 6, does the turbo mode even make a difference with the PS3??
You said to make sure Mac address is correct, and don't use mac filtering are you talking about on the router or PS3??

Thanks again

Every device that connects has a MAC address, which is unique.

MAC Address filtering allows only that device to connect.  Since you have no idea what I'm talking about, don't worry about it. ;)

Disable turbo mode, as it's pretty much useless, unless you have devices that support the turbo.  PS3 and other consoles do not support that function, so you can disable it.  After that, manually select channel 11.