• June 04, 2024, 06:19:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Losing contact with my WD Elements drive  (Read 1599 times)

Norwegian_Blue

• Level 1 Member
Losing contact with my WD Elements drive
« on: January 21, 2011, 10:44:10 AM »

Hello everyone.

I recently bought this router and figured I'd set it up with my WD Elements as a shared drive for the network. I'm using Shareport USB Utility v1.14 and firmware v1.31EU. Everything works great for a while, but then I run into a minor, but extremely tiresome problem.

All of a sudden I lose contact with the WD drive. I've done a bit of work myself, both when it comes to using different versions of Shareport and rebooting the different devices (computer, router and drive). I haven't updated the firmware yet, as I've heard rumours about stability issues, so if anyone can fill me in on how the new firmware is, please do.

Now, a firmware update might be the way to go, since I've narrowed the problem down to the router itself. If I log into the router and reboot it, it works again. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be too many options when it comes to the USB port of the router itself.

Have anyone else experienced and successfully solved this problem?

Best regards
NB

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the drive still shows up in Shareport, but the disk partition (G:\ in my case), disappears.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 11:24:19 AM by Norwegian_Blue »