• June 17, 2024, 08:02:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: can't get PC or Mac to connect via wireless, but Blackberry works great  (Read 3035 times)

saragrace

All -

I purchased my DIR 655 at Costco, and have been trying to get through to the costco "free premium support line" but it's perma-busy... I'm hoping you have some suggestions (since I've had no luck with the standard D-link support.

I have my DIR 655 setup and configured for WEP.  My blackberry connects to the wireless via UMA just fine (Tmobile Blackberry curve) and works great.  Neither my Mac (Mini with Airport) nor my Windows PC can connect in a usable fashion to the wireless. 

On my mac, I'm prompted to enter the WEP key, and then after trying to connect, get: 

"There was an error joining the airport network NETWORKX."

On my PC, the wireless network shows up, and when I try to connect, I'm never prompted for my WEP key; it just ultimately fails to connect.  Sometimes, it gives the mixed message (in the wireless networking control panel):

"not connected" up above, by the gold star (this is a windows xp box);
but the "disconnect" button is active down below; my wireless indicator light shows that I'm connected; but the connection isn't usable.

My logs show a number of "received deauthentication" entries.  I have updated my firmware to the latest.  I am not using "network filter."  Network magic is installed, but I'm not actually "using" it for anything so can install it if it's part of the problem.  Not running antivirus/firewall/etc.

Suggestions?  I've been looking through the previous posts on the "received deauthentication" issue and haven't found a match for my issues yet...  I can't figure out why on my PC I'm not getting prompted for the WEB key; on my mac, it's just failing with the above error.

Thanks...

Sara.