• May 22, 2024, 07:18:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Itunes Airtunes via Airport Express intermittantly going silent  (Read 1590 times)

dozens

• Level 1 Member
Itunes Airtunes via Airport Express intermittantly going silent
« on: January 14, 2011, 10:30:55 AM »

In short, while it used to work fine, now neither my old Express model A108x or a recently purchased new model A126x will successfully play iTunes music without eventually going silent for 1-5 seconds or indefinitely, or worse, killing my internet activity entirely.

At length: I bought a new D-Link DIR-655 Extreme N Gigabit Wireless Router (draft 2.0 802.11n compliant device) and I have an old first-gen Airport Express from 2004 that I want to use SOLELY to play music thru my stereo via Airtunes, joining my WPA protected network. It has worked fine for years, until the new router.

My first effort was to soft and then factory reset the Express, but to no avail. So I thought it must just be dying or it was that it could be a complication with the new router and this g/n/whatever business, so I ordered a new Express and I got it yesterday and it's STILL doing it.

I thought it may be a channel problem, but I have run thru them all to no avail.

Sometimes it plays fine. Sometimes it goes silent for 1-5 seconds. Sometimes it stops entirely. Sometimes when it stops entirely I turn off Airtunes and try to reconnect, but it then tries indefinitely while also killing my connection entirely. Soemtimes I have to restart my computer to get it back. This is INFURIATING.

Please help. Please. Is it just that this router DOES NOT play well with the Express?