• February 26, 2020, 06:12:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: port conflict with other public port  (Read 18824 times)

mlohbihler

• Level 1 Member
port conflict with other public port
« on: January 11, 2011, 10:22:41 AM »

When setting up virtual server entries I get the message "port conflict with other public port", but i don't believe i should be.

I have two entries. The first maps 30080 to 192.168.0.102:80. The second maps 80 to 192.168.0.103:8080. This results in the error message, but i don't understand why since the public ports are different. Can anyone help?

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member
Re: port conflict with other public port
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 12:44:19 PM »

Port 80 is usually reserved for HTML access to the router, especially when "Remote Management" is enabled.

sflesch

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 06:30:37 PM »

I get a similar error. It seems to occur when you try to route two different external ports to different internal ips with the same port. I don't think it has anything to do with "Remote Management."

I am trying to forward port 3389 to my server on 3389 and 3390 to another PC on 3389. They share port numbers, but on different PCs.

This seems to be a bug in the programming. I don't see a logical reason to be getting a port conflict in this case.

mlohbihler

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 10:21:59 AM »

Port 80 is usually reserved for HTML access to the router, especially when "Remote Management" is enabled.

No, it is not a problem with remote management, since individually the entries work fine. It's not until i try to enable both at the same time that the error appears. I've looked at the Javascript that raises the message and believe that it is incorrect. If D-Link is interested i can probably write a correct version of the code.

Mark386

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 02:09:11 PM »

I've looked at the Javascript that raises the message and believe that it is incorrect. If D-Link is interested i can probably write a correct version of the code.

Seriously. Ugh!

I have two machines that I want to run FTP servers on.

So I guess, I can put ONE of them as a Virtual server, and the other one I will have to use port forwarding on.

I can't have

21 -> 192.168.0.100:21
2100 -> 192.168.0.101:21

because of this bug.

So I'll have to accomplish the first one with port forwarding, which I guess is OK, but come on... Did anybody test that page before they released the firmware?  And where is the fix?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 02:28:06 PM »

Anyone try using QoS to set up ports on?
There wont be any new FW until the WPS vulnerability has bee addressed.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

eldhothomas

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 12:34:36 PM »

I have the same issue. I bypassed it by changing the order of virtual servers. They have some weird looping going on there for the validation.

I have public 80 forwarded to private 80 on a server. When I added it to the bottom of the list, I get this error, but when I added it to the top of the list, it works. Ugghh !

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 12:45:06 PM »

Link>Welcome!
What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under router.
Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on routers web page under status.
What region are you located?

So I presume this issue is not an problem and it's working for you.

I have the same issue. I bypassed it by changing the order of virtual servers. They have some weird looping going on there for the validation.

I have public 80 forwarded to private 80 on a server. When I added it to the bottom of the list, I get this error, but when I added it to the top of the list, it works. Ugghh !

"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!