• June 03, 2024, 03:54:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How do I change my IP for DGL-4300  (Read 5674 times)

Tokarev_Auto

• Level 1 Member
How do I change my IP for DGL-4300
« on: December 08, 2010, 08:19:31 AM »

I want to change my IP add. for my router. I have a DGL-4300. I went into the router control panel and did the release and renew. It always comes back the same. I also went to cmd on my comp and did release/renew. This is how I have done it so far.

Through the D-Link router
Release wait 5 mins then renew
Release wait 15 mins then renew
Release wait 30 mins then renew
Release wait 1 hour then renew

Through my comp
Release/renew

Every time it comes back with the same IP for the router. I called my ISP and asked them to issue me a new IP. They told me that sense they did not install the router they could not help me. Maybe I was not clear with them. So my question is how to I get a new IP for my DGL-4300 router.

One more thing. A friend of mine Told me to go into router panel. Release IP. Then power down the router and modem over night. Power it all back up and that might work. Any thoughts on this.

Hard Harry

Re: How do I change my IP for DGL-4300
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 09:22:07 PM »

Do you have cable or DSL for your internet? Also whats the IP you keep getting? 192.x.x.x, 169.x.x.x, 172.x.x.x, or something else?

Cellular-Decay

• Level 1 Member
Re: How do I change my IP for DGL-4300
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 12:21:15 AM »

Are you trying to change your public IP (from your ISP), or your router's internal IP?

If it's the router's internal IP you should find the setting under Basic, Network Settings. The default is 192.168.0.1 (people sometimes change it to 192.168.1.1 to resolve conflicts with ICS).

If you are trying to change your public IP, then why?

Most ISP's use dynamic IP addressing. If you want a static IP you'll usually have to pay extra for it. With dynamic addresses you really have no control over it. Sometimes turning off your modem for an extended period will yield another IP, but as you discovered often it does not.