• May 22, 2024, 09:06:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Speaking of inSSider  (Read 3904 times)

MGP

• Level 1 Member
  • Never do today what you can put off til tomorrow!
Speaking of inSSider
« on: November 01, 2010, 12:41:19 PM »

Hi,

I'd never heard of inSSider until I saw it mentioned in this forum.  Anyone familiar with the diagnostic screen?  Actually, all I want to know is, how am I doing.  I'm running dir-655 A1, 1.34NA with DWA-552 driver 1.6 (cuz I saw here that someone had problems with 1.7).

Anyway, I uploaded a screen print (below).  It appears I've got the lowest RSSI (or is it the highest) at -55.  Also, I'm the big red line in the lower portion of the screen.

I had channel-scan enabled and I noticed that inSSider showed I was broadcasting on channels 4+8.  There were others broadcasting on channel 8 as well, and nobody was on channel 10, so I switched to that channel, which, I guess changed me to channels 6 + 10.  Either way, there was no apparent change in performance, although I didn't really have any complaints prior, with the exception that my status page on the router shows I'm getting signal at 70% but am only hitting between 110-165 Mbps.  

Anyway, I just wanted to know if I'm doing OK compared to what I could be doing.  Funny thing is, I'm the only one in my neighborhood of about 16 networks that's running a Dlink.  Hmmmm...

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.  
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 01:11:14 PM by MGP »