• May 22, 2024, 11:33:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: improving upload speed  (Read 7735 times)

biohzrd

• Level 1 Member
improving upload speed
« on: October 08, 2010, 12:53:01 PM »

Hi,

I have a D-Link 4300. When I connect my internet directly into my computer and run a speedtest.net test I get 15.8mb/s down, 11.3mb/s up at a ping of 12ms. When I connect my internet to my D-Link and connect my computer to the router, both wired and wireless, I get 12.6mb/s down, 2.7mb/s up at a ping of 17ms.

Why is my upload speed so slow through my router? How can I get it faster?

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

biohzrd

• Level 1 Member
Re: improving upload speed
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 03:41:01 PM »

Nobody? :(

I did some further tests. I factory reset my router and was able to get 13mb.s down, 7.6mb.s up at a 18ms ping, but as soon as I set up wireless security including a SSID and WPA-Personal my upload speed dropped back down to 2mb/s. Even though I was connected via a wire and no other computers were connected to the network at all.

Checking the statistics there are no errors or dropped packets.

I guess this product is just defective and that's why they discontinued it. Buyer beware. I wish I had known better.

Hard Harry

Re: improving upload speed
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 09:34:27 PM »

No, its not defective. Its probably one of the best commercially available(and stock firmware) G router of all time. Its your configuration. You yourself said so. You reset to factory, no issue, that rules out hardware.

1. Make sure the Wireless Auto scan is enabled, G only, and then try the highest Super G mode your adapter is compatible with.
2. Make sure Automatic Upload is check for Gamefuel. What does the upload say there?
3. Try different Transmissions rates.
4. Last, try keeping everything else the same and just disable wireless. If that, and only that, is the only thing that makes it better, could be a compatibility issue, but its probably workable.