• April 24, 2024, 12:59:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How to setup priorites (I'm a noob)  (Read 2930 times)

Adam579

• Level 1 Member
How to setup priorites (I'm a noob)
« on: August 30, 2010, 01:45:55 PM »

Can someone help me setup my Xbox 360 to have priority over everything on my network.
Few questions: Is the local IP my PC that is connected to the router?
                     Is the remote IP that i need, is that the Xbox's IP address?
                     Last one, what is the local port range?

Thanks!

!!!!clarkkent

• Level 3 Member
Re: How to setup priorites (I'm a noob)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 09:17:50 PM »

On Advanced>QOS Engine...
Name: anyname
Priority: 1
Protocol: Any
Local IP Range: [IP address of your Xbox] to [IP address of your Xbox]
                      It is best that your Xbox has a static IP address
Remote IP Range: 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Local Port Range: 0 to 65535
Remote Port Range: 0 to 65535
"A mighty sword is useless in the hands of a coward!"

wardenwolf

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 01:53:37 PM »

I too am looking to make my XBOX have priority.

I have my XBOX connected directly to the router and it has worked great for the last 6 months or so that I've had the router. Recently, I've noticed that the router seems to be cutting the speed to my XBOX for no good reason. I used to get full bars in games and Netflix at all times and never had any problems. Recently, I can barely even get 1 bar on Netflix and my connection is very bouncy during gaming sessions. There is nobody else using my network when watching Netflix or playing games, so I'm not sure what the issue is all the sudden.

I notice that when I wire my XBOX directly into my cable modem, everything is perfectly fine.

I was hoping that by making my XBOX have priority I could alleviate these issues. I tried using the previous steps listed I get the following error:  "'XBOX': Local IP start '##.###.##.###' is not in the LAN subnet". The IP I'm using is what is listed in the settings windows of the XBOX's menus. I have no idea what the error means or how I can correct it. Any help?

VnA1014

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 12:41:30 PM »

Ive read somewhere that setting the priority to number 1 will give all the bandwidth to that particular area.

I tried putting it to priority 1, and for me, the information was right. I denno about others but thats what happened to me. It took longer for other computers to go search the web. This priority 1 was on my xbox 360. What ive done is that i set it to priority 80 and it seemed to work. again from my experience, setting it to 1 will be an overkill... :) but thats just me, it might vary with other people