• April 19, 2024, 12:53:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-655 DHCP dumps all connected computers  (Read 2261 times)

mdaya1

• Level 1 Member
DIR-655 DHCP dumps all connected computers
« on: August 28, 2010, 07:54:58 AM »

Every day or two, I'll go try to get on the net and the computer will show that it's lost net connectivity, and all computers on the network (either wired ethernet or wireless) will loose connection with each other and the router. 192.168.0.1 will not connect to the router as usual from any of the computers. Unplugging the router, and replugging will connect everything back up. Since the router lights are normal, I've figured out that that DHCP failed, and the reboot forces it to reestablish the table.

Question is why is DHCP failing intermittently, and what can I do to stop it?

Adding computers to the DHCP reservations list has not helped. It was suggested also to disable WISH, but this has not worked either. The computers are a mix of PC, Mac, iphones. ISP is AT&T DSL, but that shouldn't matter in this instance, since it's a router issue, not a modem issue. I also have the latest Firmware Version: 1.34NA

marmoduke

• Level 3 Member
Re: DIR-655 DHCP dumps all connected computers
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 08:41:58 AM »

What does the router log indicate?

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
Re: DIR-655 DHCP dumps all connected computers
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 11:24:28 AM »

yep, we need the router logs to see what the items are when the disconnects occur.

Also, first challenge will be to exclude local network/client issues.
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33